Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Re: NOTICE TO ALL NEW USERS!!!!!  (Read 3334 times)

Offline shooter13

• View Profile
Re: NOTICE TO ALL NEW USERS!!!!!
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »
Well, I came downstairs for a snack and checked my email before returning to sleep.  Of course, there was the acceptance/activation email from the admin. of the Colt Country site.  I tried to get into the address given but was informed that the page was closed or otherwise didn't exist.  So I'm writing my story here.

I guess I'll talk about Colt and what it means to me.  Well, the original factory sight is only about 30 miles from where I live (Springfield MA) and I remember seeing the famous blue dome all throughout my childhood as we passed through Hartford on the way to New York City, one of Rhode Island's beaches, or on some getaway.  I remember taking a tour of the place with my mother when I was around 12 or 13.  We'd taken in Mark Twain's house in West Hartford that morning along with that of his neighbor Harriet Beecher Stowe.  We stopped at the Colt museum on the way home.

My mother's mother actually worked at Colt's sometime after she came over from Russia.  So I always had some connection to Colt's.

I owned four beautiful Single Action Army revolvers, all action tuned by the late Bob Munden and all sporting grips (stocks, he'd say) by Roy Fishpaw.  One of my 4 5/8" blue/cc beauties was the very first pistol to wear Walrus Ivory stocks from Roy.  Anyway, about 10 years ago hard times fell and I sold about 95% of my gun collection and those SAA's went out the door.  I swear, not a week goes by I don't think about them.

Well, times are better now, but not for buying genuine Colt guns! Man , the prices are SO high! I've started out with Blackpowder replicas of their early revolvers.  The only gun I own that's close to a real Colt is a second generation #2 Dragoon. The rest are Ubertis.  But time is on my side and I have no doubt that I will one day have more genuine Colt pistols in my battery.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:06:31 AM by Captainkirk »

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Moved this to the Welcome Wagon for you.
Let me be the first to welcome you aboard!!!!
Glad you found us; you are not alone. We all love BP revolvers here, especially our Colt and Colt replicas. Like you, I have a deep appreciation for the second/third gen Colts but they are pretty much outside my tax bracket so I filled up my safe with imports.
Nothing wrong with that approach!
Again, welcome aboard! :-*
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
Welcome aboard Shooter13. 
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Welcome from Colorado.