Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 352285 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #1350 on: June 26, 2021, 08:57:58 AM »
Yesterday we attended our grand daughter's belated wedding reception. They had moved to Texas a couple of years ago; had planned on coming back to Wi.to be married. Due to Covid, they were married in Texas, but still had lots of money invested in a reception facility here. It was a great party, had a good time seeing old friends.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 26, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »
Len, your generator should power all the necessary energy to keep you functional. We had a small portable generator for many years but when this one came up on sale, I grabbed it.

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 26, 2021, 09:03:47 AM »
Yesterday we attended our grand daughter's belated wedding reception. They had moved to Texas a couple of years ago; had planned on coming back to Wi.to be married. Due to Covid, they were married in Texas, but still had lots of money invested in a reception facility here. It was a great party, had a good time seeing old friends.
Excellent. Sounds like a great time.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 26, 2021, 11:24:40 AM »

We had a similar situation a couple weeks ago. Sounds like you had as good a time as we did!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Rebel Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 26, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
Good Deal Mazo good times are fun.

I have a Harbor Freight  gen, we use for the appliances, if power is out long enough. Don't laugh, it will run both refridgeratos, and a freezer, no problem.

Hope everyone is well.

Rebel Dave
Rebel Dave

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 26, 2021, 11:31:44 AM »
Sounds like a good time, Em!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 26, 2021, 01:03:49 PM »
Good Deal Mazo good times are fun.
I have a Harbor Freight  gen, we use for the appliances, if power is out long enough. Don't laugh, it will run both refridgeratos, and a freezer, no problem. Hope everyone is well. Rebel Dave
I think my small generator was about 3.5 KW and would power the furnace, fridge, freezer, a few lights and the well, though not all at the same time (the well took a lot of 220 power). We have a gas range, so no problem cooking.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 27, 2021, 01:03:41 AM »
Len, your generator should power all the necessary energy to keep you functional. We had a small portable generator for many years but when this one came up on sale, I grabbed it.
It does, EM.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 08:40:35 AM by Len »

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 13, 2021, 12:28:10 PM »
Just as a matter of interest (to me), it takes my computer one hour and forty five minutes to render a sixteen minute, 2.5 GB video.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 13, 2021, 01:49:40 PM »
Q: What did you do today
A: I postponed giving a stupid biker the Darwin Award.  Was quietly crusing to town, while a row of cars were going the other way, when just in front of me a trike tries to overtake the car I'm meeting. Had to step hard on the brake and skid out on the shoulder. A close shave.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 13, 2021, 02:27:39 PM »
The next time he may not be so lucky. (jh

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 13, 2021, 02:41:00 PM »
Q: What did you do today
A: I postponed giving a stupid biker the Darwin Award.  Was quietly crusing to town, while a row of cars were going the other way, when just in front of me a trike tries to overtake the car I'm meeting. Had to step hard on the brake and skid out on the shoulder. A close shave.

When I was driving 18's I saw a couple of bikers get killed or badly injured doing stupid stuff. I was crossing the Twin Span coming out of Slidell LA. It's a 6 or 7 mile long bridge. Traffic was backed up to a crawl and this guy comes zipping and weaving through traffic. I was in the right hand lane and there was a 4X4 pickup two cars ahead of me. This guy tried to pass the pickup on the right. Just as he got even with him the pickup driver decided to move over close to the rail so his passenger could try to see what was going on and shoved the biker into the railing. Either that or he did it deliberately. Another time I was going 80 down the interstate and this guy passed me on a bike. Just as he got even with me he pulled a wheelie and pulled away at a rapid pace. There was a bridge coming up and I saw his brake light come on. Next thing the bike was airborn and hit the railing. Him and the bike went over the railing. It was a helluva drop.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 13, 2021, 03:05:30 PM »
I was sitting in stand-still traffic on the interstate one day. Accident ahead closed the road. Up from behind comes a jerk on a motorcycle, right between the two stopped lanes of traffic. Just ahead of me, someone opened their car door, planning to get out - quite a few people had done that already. The motorcyclist took off the driver's door, totaled his bike, and himself.

Thanks, pinhead, now we got two accidents blocking traffic.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 13, 2021, 04:11:53 PM »
Oddly enough, "lane splitting" is not only legal here in Kommiefornia, it's encouraged! This place is ass-backwards.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 13, 2021, 04:38:17 PM »
Not this chihuahua! I like to ride aggressively, but only when conditions allow. Plus all the gear, all the time.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"