Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What did you do today  (Read 339289 times)

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today
« Reply #2280 on: January 30, 2024, 11:41:38 PM »
Because as Newton once (famously) said, "an object at rest tends to remain at rest".

(Sweet, I did the quote thing right).

Putting Newton's theory to work, I started finishing the website I started building 5 months ago. the re-write of the book, the publisher told me to take a crack at is next...

www.stolensoulphotography.com

Enjoy, if you're so inclined.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: January 31, 2024, 05:25:27 AM »
Clydesdale. Checked out your site. You have some very nice photos on there. BTW. If I may be so bold, the "This Is Me" tab?, Maybe use a larger font? It's a bit difficult to read. Just an opinion sir and not a criticism. Thanks for posting the link.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: January 31, 2024, 07:13:59 AM »
Great photos. The website is easy to navigate. You did well on that. The photos speak for themselves. Thumbs-up!

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: January 31, 2024, 09:12:42 AM »
4x4 !
Thanks for the pics. Really enjoyable. Good on ya !!!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: January 31, 2024, 09:53:40 AM »
Very nice photography! You have an eye for it.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: January 31, 2024, 01:46:05 PM »
Cool site and nicely laid out, nice pics.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: January 31, 2024, 02:58:50 PM »
Magenta is a good sky, color.  They say it’s midway between red and blue.   Sometimes called fuchsia.   A crepuscular/twilight tone.  We get that here quite a lot. Named after the Battle of Magenta (1859).  Good photo and website.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: January 31, 2024, 03:23:22 PM »
Clydesdale. Checked out your site. You have some very nice photos on there. BTW. If I may be so bold, the "This Is Me" tab?, Maybe use a larger font? It's a bit difficult to read. Just an opinion sir and not a criticism. Thanks for posting the link.

I've been cleaning that up, and adding media to it today. Fonts are different, and things lay out better. Turning my contact info into a hyper link is an asskicker, tho'. If I can't get it? the hosting site offered "$1,000 worth of site design" as part of the package. Everything I've done is self done so far... I won't feel badly if I have to call on them for that.

www.timsuttonphoto.com is who I aspire to be, he's a bad ass ad copy 'tog, and I use his hosting company. THey said If I laid it out, they could tweak it to where it worked as well as his does.

We're getting there, lol

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: January 31, 2024, 03:23:53 PM »
Cool site and nicely laid out, nice pics.

Thanks Hawg, have added a bunch more, especially to the landing page.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: January 31, 2024, 03:25:05 PM »
Very nice photography! You have an eye for it.

Thanks Cap'n.

The goal out of this is to pay my bills with it, hence the "Ad Copy" (those were paid  :cowboypistol: ) and the Listing Photography sections (also got paid there :cowboypistol: :cowboypistol: (7& )

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: January 31, 2024, 03:25:52 PM »
4x4 !
Thanks for the pics. Really enjoyable. Good on ya !!!

Check back as it morphs, I have 80,000 in Lightroom, and countless thousands on Google that have been deleted out of Lightroom  :nocomment:

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: January 31, 2024, 03:39:28 PM »
Also, that pic on the "this is me" page, I'm adjacent to a civil war battlefield (I was hunting them that day) in MO; with Smoky's Lyman, in a mike116 piece of leather...

#keepinitreal

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: January 31, 2024, 03:56:29 PM »
Magenta is a good sky, color.  They say it’s midway between red and blue.   Sometimes called fuchsia.   A crepuscular/twilight tone.  We get that here quite a lot. Named after the Battle of Magenta (1859).  Good photo and website.

I became fixatd with fuschia hues, as "pink plates" paid my bills for a decade at Dave Smith. Appreciate the kind words.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: January 31, 2024, 03:56:54 PM »
Great photos. The website is easy to navigate. You did well on that. The photos speak for themselves. Thumbs-up!

Thanks Marshal.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: February 09, 2024, 12:51:54 PM »
Where are my readers at?
I suggesteed to the publisher this book needs to be revisited: https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Towns-Northwest-Norman-Weis/dp/0870043587

He said "Absolutely!!! Show me what you've got, that's my best selling work, in it's twelth reprint" or something.

I startd this in 2020, then that election, dog died, became an owner operator in a trucking outfit, kids became homeless, left the truck, officialized the separation, she died, relocated 400 miles south... I've had some life, happen.

I'm finished with my test run, it's 5-6 of (5, really, but I separated a particular dredge out as a stand alone topic) the cities he visted, my words and his.

Feedback I am looking for:

"Does it sound intelligent?"

"Is it compelling enough to turn the bext page, and continue, and not simply because I asked the favor?"

"Does the writing quality degrade towards Bayhorse and Custer?" (those are the last two I added, after letting the project sit dormant for 2.5 years)

"What can you critique?"

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cCFrJSQO8pKyyR8-1B59jhpVlyX4DgkqQozaAkObidI/edit?usp=sharing

It's a live link, I'll be redoing the title page, and blocking over the weekend, etc., but the content shouldn't change, as far as the written word is concerned.

Goal is to have it printed off and bound somehow, and submitted on Monday.