Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Are the "real" Colts that much better?  (Read 14406 times)

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
Re: Are the "real" Colts that much better?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2019, 07:55:51 PM »
In addition to the post above, I have a 2nd gen '51 Navy on the table now (I do them in groups now).  The hand and bolt were as expected, and yes, the arbor hole was broken through. 
   The good thing though is this - it was sent in to have these "short comings" ( ha!! See what I did there?!!!!) corrected. Along with that, the action parts are fitted to work better,easier, to extend the life of .  .  .  .so those very parts don't destroy each other over time .  .  .   The owner is more interested in shooting it rather than it being a safe Queen. The springs are upgraded to coils, a cap post installed, the mainspring lightened for a much more manageable cycle. A bolt block (for bolt support) does so much good for the revolver, it's a requirement/trademark for my service !!   After all the "stuff" is done, the frame is filled with Mobile 1 grease and cleanup is reduced to the barrel, cylinder and wipe down the frame!
  This can be done for the collector that wants to keep it in stock configuration as well .  .  . heck, I learned how to do that first!! The coils give modern/lifetime service but the feel and sound is Colt. That was my own requirement when I decided to switch to coils. So there ya go.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks