Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Broken Trail-episode 1  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Broken Trail-episode 1
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
Just finished watching episode 1 of 'Broken Trail' starring Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church....so far, it's Duvall acting in his 'Gus' quality style....a.k.a. FANTASTIC. There's something about his screen presence that only the greats have...and he's got it.
Thomas Haden Church started off this flick not very likeable....but he grew on me right quick. The way these two along with Gilpen the hired hand treat the Chinese girls is more than noble...it's downright chivalric with a touch of fatherly love thrown in. But these guys aren't any dance-hall pansies....when Tom (Church) catches up with Cap'n Billy Fender after stealing their caballos and dinero, he treats him to a private necktie party so he can do the Hemp Stretch Boogie right proper...right in front of one of the girls. No matter...he did what he had to do...code of the West.
I also rather enjoyed the obvious snubbing Tom and Gilpen give Big Rump Kate when she tries to buy them out of the Chinese girls with whiskey, rooms, and 'soiled doves'....the look on her face is priceless.
Can't wait to see part 2!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"