Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: G&G Sheriff  (Read 9705 times)

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Re: G&G Sheriff
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 06:09:32 PM »
Well, how about a Leech and Rigdon sheriffs model?  In .36 with blank cylinder.  That's a Schneider & Glassick photobombing in the background.

I love your L&R Sheriff (especially for the barrel) but your S&G does not have the "blank" (plain, non-engraved) cylinder. Better rethink, sir. Dr. Jim Davis has done a very nice treatise about the "accidental" replica S&G. Look it up.

Christmas is but a week away and I will purchase a Pietta .36 G&G and, combined with my Pietta 1851 Navy .36 2nd Model squareback TG, I will be able to produce 14 different pistols (5 replica and 9 fantasy).

Look for a post with pics in a few weeks. (I don't move very quickly these days.)

Jim

We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 08:39:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm well aware that the S&G has the wrong cylinder.  It's hard to find a proper one.  I'm also well aware of Dr. Davis' treatise.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:47:11 PM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »
Fingers,

Didn't you and Jim Davis correspond a lot over the various models.  I thought he mentioned your name a couple of times when I spoke with him.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »
Fingers,

Didn't you and Jim Davis correspond a lot over the various models.  I thought he mentioned your name a couple of times when I spoke with him.

Kevin

Yes we do.  I got an email from him just the other day.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:43:47 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce