Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: 60 Army Shoulder Stock  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Canaris

• View Profile
60 Army Shoulder Stock
« on: August 24, 2015, 07:34:41 PM »
Today I received a 60 Army shoulder stock that I recently purchased new.  The Manufacturer was unknown to me a time of purchase.  My understanding from various posts on the net is that these stocks cannot be mixed an matched between the manufacturers of Uberti and Pietta.
Here is the stock that I picked up (It is an EMF Stock made by Pietta according to the box):

I happen to own a Uberti 1860 Army (date code CL) and a Pietta 1860/51 hybrid fantasy (date code AT), so I figured that I could not lose - the stock should fit one or the other.  Much to my surprise the stock fits both!

The Uberti

The Pietta

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: 60 Army Shoulder Stock
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 08:26:26 PM »
I have one made for an 1858 Remington.  It was manufactured by Pietta also.   Yours is infinitely better finished than mine.  Mine is very rough on the inside with lots of pits and casting marks.  Deep machine marks and pits are present both on the inner parts and the outside.   There are gaps where the wood and brass meet and the polish on the brass was substandard.
I'm glad to see you received a very nice one.
I have never heard that a stock made for a Pietta 1860 would not fit an Uberti made 1860.  I would assume it would fit either one.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: 60 Army Shoulder Stock
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »
Very nice, and great, detailed photos. Thanks for the write-up. I never would have thought about whether there would be any cross-fit issues...now I know. Thanks!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"