Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What's the point of having this message board?  (Read 17944 times)

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
Re: What's the point of having this message board?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 07:44:34 AM »
I check in here every morning, but if I don't have anything to add to a post I don't just run my mouth for exercise. I don't do any form of social media for the same reason. Personally I run through my morning site checks like folks used to read the newspaper in the old days. If this site weren't here I'd miss it cause occasionally there as some nuggets posted and even some things I can
share might be informative to others. So keep it rolling Capt'n !!!

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »
Yes,  .  .  .  .  .  yes we do!

I'll see if I can do more  posting and help cappy out.

Just for the heck of it, who would like to see some "factory  converted" Dragoons/ Walkers? I mean real " let's go hunting, let's shoot long distance, with some Ruger only loads?!! Real live  modern Open Tops!!!
Why should the RM's , '71/'72 OT's and such be the only "modern" OTs?
 Just askin.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Let's see em Mike.   May not be my thing but there is always room for discussion. 

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
Yeah, I would like to see them too.  L@.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »
Mike, you know I'd be up for that! Go for it!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 11:28:06 AM »
I may be late but you got another vote. VOTE! is that word aloud on here? :-X

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 05:49:30 PM »
As long as you're pullin' for the right team (and if you are here, I know you are)
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »
Well, I'm sure they would be a hit and thanks for the response.

I'm thinking at least the first run would be "tuned " and set up for target/hunting ( frame feature) on the 3rd Mod.Dragoon.
The target "frame feature" is a solid lock device for the barrel lug/frame area. Should out shoot most competition.

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 07:09:55 PM »
  The Remington snobs have more activity due to the fact they need to keep reassuring each other that they are not missing out by not owning any Colt pattern revolvers.   
Do you really think that’s the case Mike?  I never thought of that.  I’m inclined to disagree but maybe there is something to it.  I love my Colts and my Remingtons too and I quit trying to pick a favorite a long time ago as a fruitless activity (although for me, nothing ‘holds’ like a sixty). As far as ‘insecure’ goes - Ima stranger to it. I will watch for that over at ’58 but I haven’t noticed it yet.   

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:13:23 PM by G Dog »
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
Shut it down? Not a chance.

I’m very glad to hear that. This is a valuable forum.  It's both a lot of fun and very informative.

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 07:43:12 PM »
  The Remington snobs have more activity due to the fact they need to keep reassuring each other that they are not missing out by not owning any Colt pattern revolvers.   
Do you really think that’s the case Mike?  I never thought of that.  I’m inclined to disagree but maybe there is something to it.  I love my Colts and my Remingtons too and I quit trying to pick a favorite a long time ago as a fruitless activity (although for me, nothing ‘holds’ like a sixty). As far as ‘insecure’ goes - Ima stranger to it. I will watch for that over at ’58 but I haven’t noticed it yet.

No G Dog I don't think that is an entirely accurate statement.   I made it sort of tongue-in-cheek in response to Richards post which I viewed as a bit of an attempt to enliven talk on this forum.   I do think that some of the"Remington only" crowd have a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to the overall popularity of Colt revolvers compared to Remingtons.   

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 12:30:01 AM »
I believe anyone can shoot a Remington revolver and shoot it well. I just happen to like the Colts because they give me a challenge by making  me haft to learn how to shoot the gun good enough to be able to hit with it. I have more Colt than Remington revolver's and each one are just plan fun. As for Johnnie, the guy is 80 years old for goodness sake and I just over look his comments to the point that I passed by his post. You can't change a 80 year old mind set. If we get the chance to be his age you tell me how one of these young dudes is going to come along with the ideas they have now days and change our minds, good luck to them.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 03:34:24 AM »
Learning stuff everyday.  Just heard there is a forum for top strappers!  Who'd a thought?

Me, I learned a long time ago that the grip frame of the Remington revolver was not a good fit in my hand.  So, for the next 5 decades, I have preferred the grip frame of the Open Top revolver. 

But, I am enjoying this thread.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 05:03:33 AM »
I own and shoot anything that strikes my fancy.   I have Colt, Remington and other designs.   Johnnie Roper not withstanding I have not been enjoying the Remington forum as much lately.   Maybe that is being reflected here.   I expect things will settle down and I will return to posting on the Remington board again, so until then I'll try to keep my disappointment with that forum out of my comments here. 

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »
Hi, IMO the best thing we can do for this message board is that anytime there is a post on a Colt on the Remmy board invite the poster to post their Colt posting here. A little confession is required by me. I started this thread to juice up the troops to post more. That worked. I would miss this message board if it closed.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
I kinda thought that was the case Richard.  It did work and I'm happy about it.   I have always posted on both boards but you are right,  there is a lot of Colt discussion going on in other places that would fit here perfectly.