Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Hello from EU  (Read 4400 times)

Offline zb17ghost

• View Profile
Hello from EU
« on: November 01, 2015, 01:35:53 AM »
I am BP shooter from Croatia; new here but long time in BP world. I am not interested in modern or cartridge firearms.
My other interests are: diving, archery, fishing, motor bike, WWII aircrafts and plastic aircraft modelling, knives, canoeing, wildlife and wood life..
I am happy to be here with all of you.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
Re: Hello from EU
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:18:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  Grab a chair and get some coffee.  When you feel up to it, start or join a conversation.  Some of the members are hard of hearing so talk loud or post photos.  It is a good site and lot's of information is available.  I hope you enjoy it here.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 05:08:03 AM »
Welcome from Colorado.   Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 05:07:57 PM »
Well, Welcome zb17ghost! Great to have ya on here!  :-*

Muttly

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »
Welcome to the site!!!

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 07:00:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum zb17ghost.

Dell

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
Welcome, ZB! Tell us a little about what it's like shooting BP in Croatia. Rules, regs, etc?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline zb17ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 10:29:09 PM »
Thank you for the welcome   :)

In Croatia, everyone older than 18 years can buy cap and ball weapon, but have to inform Police Station within 8 days. Police will issue Confirmation Letter, and that's it. With this Letter you can buy black powder..in theory. There are some troubles with this during last year or so, but new regulations are expecting soon. Caps and balls are free selling. Only Czech Vesuvit LC black powder is available, FFFG grade. I did some chrono, and found it somewhere between GOEX and Swiss. I would really like some Swiss or 777.

Regarding caps, Dinamit Nobel RWS 1075 or Sellier-Bellot are around. Balls and bullets are available at one seller, but some of us are casting both. I'm using Lee molds (ball and conical).

Not many people over here own or use Black Powder weapons; just a handfull of freaks, but things slowly goes on. Hunting with BP is not permitted. Yet  ;). So, we are using our CB weapons for target shooting. A lot of fun for me.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »
Welcome to the site.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 07:13:30 PM »
Thank you for the welcome   :)

In Croatia, everyone older than 18 years can buy cap and ball weapon, but have to inform Police Station within 8 days. Police will issue Confirmation Letter, and that's it. With this Letter you can buy black powder..in theory. There are some troubles with this during last year or so, but new regulations are expecting soon. Caps and balls are free selling. Only Czech Vesuvit LC black powder is available, FFFG grade. I did some chrono, and found it somewhere between GOEX and Swiss. I would really like some Swiss or 777.

Regarding caps, Dinamit Nobel RWS 1075 or Sellier-Bellot are around. Balls and bullets are available at one seller, but some of us are casting both. I'm using Lee molds (ball and conical).

Not many people over here own or use Black Powder weapons; just a handfull of freaks, but things slowly goes on. Hunting with BP is not permitted. Yet  ;). So, we are using our CB weapons for target shooting. A lot of fun for me.

Glad you are having fun with it! That's what it's all about.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"