Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Itty-bitties  (Read 9204 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Re: Itty-bitties
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 05:13:08 PM »
That's it, but at $130 used and $145 new? I'll wait and search. It is a year of print 2000 book and no where near out of print, so that price is exorbitant.

I love books but am not going to pay that amount for a somewhat non-obscure reference book.

I appreciate all of the help folks.

We seem to be a fairly tight group and I wholly appreciate that.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:15:27 PM by sourdough »
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »
That's it, but at $130 used and $145 new? I'll wait and search. It is a year of print 2000 book and no where near out of print, so that price is exorbitant.

I agree.Just wanted to make sure that was the one.

I love books but am not going to pay that amount for a somewhat non-obscure reference book.

Nor would I. However, if you put it on your list you should get notifications when new ones pop up. I've purchased a few used books without a blemish (that I can see) for pennies on the dollar

I appreciate all of the help folks.
We seem to be a fairly tight group and I wholly appreciate that.

That's the whole idea, Jim.
Let us know if you score a copy!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
Hi sourdough, I bought an excellent condition copy of that book, signed by the author, from a fellow member here for $100. It's pretty darn interesting, but once through it, I began to doubt the value of my purchase since I'm a shooter, not a serious collector.

It wouldn't' surprise me if you eventually find a copy for less than what I paid.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »
Richard,   I am going to own one but need to get the ammo thing figured out.    I know you bought 32 S&W cartridges and cut them down to 32 short dimensions.   How did you shorten the cases?   Also do you use 32 S&W dies for both the short and long cases or do have separate loading dies?    Right now my interest lies in loading some 32 S&W short cartridges for a couple break top revolvers I have.   If I get the loading figured out for those I will be more inclined to convert a Colt pocket model.

If you have posted all this info elsewhere just show me the link.  Thanks

Hi Mike, I just noticed that Midway has 32 S&W brass in stock and it's on sale! See:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/785492/starline-reloading-brass-32-s-and-w-box-of-100-bulk-packaged

I ordered another 500. My Cabelas 32 S&W brass ordered 12/2014 is still on backorder.

IMO get this 32 S&W brass while you can.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 12:10:52 PM »
Damn it!   Just put an order in with Midway a couple days ago.   Could have saved on shipping.   I'm going to order some right now.   Thanks for the notice.