Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Very Rustic 1851 Colt Navy  (Read 10514 times)

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: Very Rustic 1851 Colt Navy
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »
This is a good thread!  L@.
Boy Howdy! 

Bishop Creek – That is a fine photo of a great find.  You mentioned Bodie; was that Navy found in Mono County or down in Inyo?  Where abouts was it retrieved?  Between Aurora and Bodie there must be lots of relics waiting to be found.  Bodie is one great spot.  I’ll bet you have some good pictures of that place (hint, hint).

“Goodbye God, we’re going to Bodie.”

Or

‘GOOD. By God we are going to Bodie in the morning’.

Check it out guys, this is good stuff - -

http://www.bodie.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodie,_California

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 12:58:55 PM »
Just saw your post G Dog, so I'm a bit late replying to it. The Colt was found near Big Pine, south of Bishop. There were quite a few militia and Indian skirmishes in that area in the 1860s. And yes, I do have some Bodie pics here somewhere. I'll try and post them up.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »
Thanks, BC.  Yes, lots of White/Indian dust ups on the East Slope.  I recall that CA historical marker on the way out of Bishop on Hyw 168 headed up to Lake Sabrina.  I think it was a fight with Shoshonis that time and no one even remembers what it was about.  They probably didn’t need any reason in particular.  That spot always put me in reflective frame of mind. 
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 08:52:40 PM »
I know the spot G Dog. Not far from my home. It was Paiutes and settlers, "The Battle of Bishop Creek" started when a cowboy shot an Indian for killing one of his cows. Indians had no concept of ownership of animals, so he shot the cow like one would a deer.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »
At least you got some good photos of that relic Colt. Also, interesting video car "ride" to Bodie. I never cease to marvel at how some places ever got discovered, way out in the boonies.