Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Cabelas Pietta 1860 colt  (Read 3141 times)

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
Cabelas Pietta 1860 colt
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:44:59 AM »
So I ordered the 1860 from cabela and wouldn't ya know it sounds up backordered on me.

Never dealt with this so any heads up would be appreciated.

What normally happens now? Do I miss out on the 229 dollar price?

Thanks for your experience and suggestions in advance.
BIGTED

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Cabelas Pietta 1860 colt
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 04:22:28 AM »
Hi bigted, Cabelas will honor the sales price. The 1860 is a stable of Cabelas, they will have more soon. The only problem is if you ordered a specially manufactured model, like engraved, or 1860 with extra cylinder, etc. Those special models are an occasional item were it could be a long time waiting, if ever.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 02:09:38 AM »
Just got an email that says the Pietta is on the way and cabelas gave me a tracking number ... Yippee!!!

Now spose I better get to casting round balls and get the conicals mold from Lee on the way.

Think I have a holster somewhere that will fit the new addition.

I am pumped and can't wait for its arrival. Pictures to follow when the baby arrives.

Thank-you for the reply and this is one of those times that being busy at work is paying off as it takes my mind off the wait ... Kinda

BIGTED

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 06:39:37 AM »
Hi bigted, good for you! I see that the Cabelas on sale Pietta 1860 with extra cylinder is listed as limited stock. They must have found some of those combos in the back room, or are selling their display revolvers. Make sure you check over the revolver thoroughly for defects. You can always send it back for an exchange if there is something wrong.

Good luck with your new revolver and I look forward to a shooting report from you.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!