Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: My S&Gs  (Read 16968 times)

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: My S&Gs
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 08:38:18 PM »
By George, I do b'lieve this here be one....

http://www.armslist.com/posts/5059332/maryland-muzzle-loaders-for-sale--cva-1861-navy--36-cal-replica

Just listed today, boys!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Online Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 08:41:42 PM »
The back of that grip looks a little too square. May just be camera angle tho. I turned down one of those NIB with both CVA and Navy Arms logo's several years ago for 100 bucks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:46:25 PM by Hawg »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »
The back of that grip looks a little too square. May just be camera angle tho.
Could be it needs a bit of 'profiling'. I've never owned a bad CVA gun. Probably why I sold them all...I could expect (and got) more money out of them than your run of the mill repro.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 04:23:07 PM »
The back of that grip looks a little too square. May just be camera angle tho. I turned down one of those NIB with both CVA and Navy Arms logo's several years ago for 100 bucks.

For $150 these days, Captainkirk, not a bad deal, IMO. It is correct insofar as the grip/backstrap profile, but it appears to have a lot of material to work with at the frame and backstrap in several directions.

Besides, it is an older replica and those are beginning to become difficult to find these days.

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »

For $150 these days, Captainkirk, not a bad deal, IMO. It is correct insofar as the grip/backstrap profile, but it appears to have a lot of material to work with at the frame and backstrap in several directions.

Besides, it is an older replica and those are beginning to become difficult to find these days.

Jim

It was made by Euroarms.  They were notorious for thick squared off grips.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce