Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Aftermarket nipples  (Read 5525 times)

Offline Hogleg Hunter

• View Profile
Aftermarket nipples
« on: March 11, 2016, 07:13:28 PM »
Finally got my Uberti '62 Police (5 shot) models in. Can anyone tell me if the aftermarket nipples will fit the cylinders on the .31 size pistols.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: Aftermarket nipples
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 07:23:10 PM »
I'm sure there is an aftermarket nipple that will fit an Uberti '62 Police but I've never heard of one in .31 cal.   .36 is the only size I'm aware of in the '62 Police.    The '49 pockets are .31 cal.

Offline DoubleDeuce1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 08:36:07 PM »
Yep, what Mike said. I have Treso nipples on one of my Uberti 1862 Pocket Police revolvers. The other has the stock nipples that came with the gun. No problems with either one so far. And the Pocket Police jobs are .36 cal.  The 1849 Pocket is the .31 cal.

The Pocket Police revolvers are fun shooters...  More fun if you don't have fat fingers like me.  8)

Offline Hogleg Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »
Mine is the .36 caliber. Just trying to differentiate the pistols that I have from the pieta 62 police which are built on a larger frame. The 5 shot .36 is built on a modified .31 frame if I remember correctly. I have a '49 colt also and the frames seem the same overall size.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 05:48:17 AM »
Stock nipples work just fine. I've never changed nipples on a revolver.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 06:12:10 AM »
Finally got my Uberti '62 Police (5 shot) models in. Can anyone tell me if the aftermarket nipples will fit the cylinders on the .31 size pistols.

I see now HH,  you're right the .36 Police and '62 Pocket Navy are built on the smaller frame.   I suppose it may make a difference which after market nipples you try to install.

Offline Hogleg Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 06:59:34 AM »
I'm setting them up for Frontiersman so I will be lightening the mainspring hence the need for the aftermarket nipples. I have Slix Shot nipples on my other cap guns but none of them are Ubertis. If they were I would be doing a trial fit.

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 08:52:08 AM »
I don't think Slix-Shot makes nipples that fit the 1862 Police.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline Hogleg Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »
I know the different manufacturers use a different thread size. I have a friend that shoots ubertis so I'll have to make a trip over there and see if they'll fit. Most companies like to standardize parts so there is a possibility they use the same size nipple on all of their cap guns.