Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Remington caps  (Read 20098 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Remington caps
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 07:49:53 AM »
I've had good luck with Pyrodex too and its almost half the price of the next cheapest sub. I do like real black better but I can only afford to buy it once in a blue moon so until I can get it locally Pyrodex it is.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline WALKER102

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 03:03:02 PM »
On most of the reproduction models I have found that the nipples at times require a slight modification.  I have taken the insert for an arrow shaft and the nipples will thread in with no problem and holds them snug and true.  Then I put the insert into a drill motor and using a piece of sand paper just reduce the diam enough that a CCI cap will fit without requiring extra pushing to set the cap. However I did find that the Remington #10 caps fit snug and no pinching required. 

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 08:34:40 PM »
On most of the reproduction models I have found that the nipples at times require a slight modification.  I have taken the insert for an arrow shaft and the nipples will thread in with no problem and holds them snug and true.  Then I put the insert into a drill motor and using a piece of sand paper just reduce the diam enough that a CCI cap will fit without requiring extra pushing to set the cap. However I did find that the Remington #10 caps fit snug and no pinching required.

I haven't had to modify any of my C&B's. The Remington #10's seem to fit everything. I think it's because the skirt will expand more than on a CCI and they are longer.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 12:01:43 PM »

I haven't had to modify any of my C&B's. The Remington #10's seem to fit everything. I think it's because the skirt will expand more than on a CCI and they are longer.

Hi Captain, isn't it a sacrilege using Remington Caps on a Colt?  (jh (jh (jh

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline dc7x64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »
I know this post is slightly old but I will put it on here because it's about those non-existent, can't find 'em anywhere, do they even still make 'em, mystical, ever elusive, REMINGTON #10 CAPS! JEEZ! Almost makes me wanna load up my Navy and shoot my computer.....Oh yeah I can't......Aint got no friggin CAPS (jh :o :D

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 02:20:16 PM »
For some odd or good reason, all my remmy repros function best on the remington #10's.  Only know of one place that carries em, and it's a hundred plus mile drive from here.  Locally, cci's are the only thing going
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline Kaboom

• Too many hobbies, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
I just got 2000 Rem #10 caps from Cabela's today. Ordered them mid week last week.  I r now set for a good long while.  L@J L@J L@J
Black powder smoke is my Aromatherapy.

Offline dc7x64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 06:19:25 PM »
Really? I must check Cabelas Again Damnit!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »

Hi Captain, isn't it a sacrilege using Remington Caps on a Colt?  (jh (jh (jh

Regards,
Richard

Not if Colt caps aren't available.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »
I know this post is slightly old but I will put it on here because it's about those non-existent, can't find 'em anywhere, do they even still make 'em, mystical, ever elusive, REMINGTON #10 CAPS! JEEZ! Almost makes me wanna load up my Navy and shoot my computer.....Oh yeah I can't......Aint got no friggin CAPS (jh :o :D

Both Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops carry and stock Remington caps

Offline caferacer

• Ornary cus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 01:06:07 PM »
I use whatever caps I can get, and ignore the #10 - #11 as of late the #10 have fit better on my rifle and #11 have fit better on my revolvers  ??? ??? ???
never tried pyrodex or any other black powder substitute, as they all cost more than real black powder around here, and I am a cheapskate 
a dirty gun
is a happy gun

Offline brazosdave

• Redneck Mower Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
i just got a boatload of remington #11's, but haven't had a good shootin day to go out and test em yet.  And Caferacer, i too am a cheapskate  *6'
"I don't gotta kill a man, I just gotta make him sit down"

Offline Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
i just got a boatload of remington #11's, but haven't had a good shootin day to go out and test em yet.  And Caferacer, i too am a cheapskate  *6'

I've tried to spread the word around that Jedediah Starr Trading company has Remington #10 and #11 caps...

The last time I checked they also had CCI and Winchester caps, on hand.

Bill
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:03:56 PM by Stillwater »
A man enters into contention and his mouth calls for strokes.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »
How much is the HAZMAT.....that's the killer, unless you buy 1000+

Offline Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
How much is the HAZMAT.....that's the killer, unless you buy 1000+

I bought 10,000, and shared them with friends for what they cost me...

Bill
A man enters into contention and his mouth calls for strokes.