Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Damn it, say something  (Read 12481 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Damn it, say something
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 05:43:07 AM »
True dat.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 09:02:21 AM »
Point is,  forums are interactive.   If members don't interact then there is no forum.   
At times I have to force myself to reply to posts even when I do have something to say.    Sometimes It's just easiest to read and not respond.   I go through lazy streaks where I don't feel like typing anything.

Offline sltm1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 02:57:53 PM »
All right you whiners....I just posted a somewhat large "note' in the "Off Topic Discussion" thread the day before yesterday, (maybe yesterday, damn CRS), about my initial outing with our new (to us) RV. It was at least worth a "kiss my ass", glad you got home safely, who cares or quit bellyaching, comment from someone and yet no one responded although many came and looked. Part of this and all the forums I frequent, for my $$, is about community, not just sharing gun insite but also about sharing personal trivia that might be amusing or informative and promote conversation. So if you're annoyed about the lack of input from others my friends, walk the walk and literally talk the talk, come scald me with your wit and inform me with your wisdom......and piss on the lurkers!!!

* For an autographed copy of this post please send $1.00 to the "Who gives a Damn Foundation", or just smile and wave at your local curmudgeon and know your karma has benefited through your kindness.  )l_

Offline wicket

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
Do let's piss on the lurkers, I am quite curious about how much  they can absorb before they begin to drip.  :P

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 05:36:51 PM »
All right you whiners....I just posted a somewhat large "note' in the "Off Topic Discussion" thread the day before yesterday, (maybe yesterday, damn CRS), about my initial outing with our new (to us) RV. It was at least worth a "kiss my ass", glad you got home safely, who cares or quit bellyaching, comment from someone and yet no one responded although many came and looked. Part of this and all the forums I frequent, for my $$, is about community, not just sharing gun insite but also about sharing personal trivia that might be amusing or informative and promote conversation. So if you're annoyed about the lack of input from others my friends, walk the walk and literally talk the talk, come scald me with your wit and inform me with your wisdom......and piss on the lurkers!!!

* For an autographed copy of this post please send $1.00 to the "Who gives a Damn Foundation", or just smile and wave at your local curmudgeon and know your karma has benefited through your kindness.  )l_

I did comment on your RV post,  just that it was on a different forum.   Sometimes hard to remember what was said where.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
I thought only Generals could post in this forum. I wasn't even in the Military, let alone a General.

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 07:31:18 PM »
Nice!  (7+"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 08:13:48 PM »
That's the problem with posting the same thing in two different forums. Most aren't going to comment on it in both of them. BTW glad you got home with no more trouble than you had.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 08:37:14 PM »
Sorry, been quite busy the past few days.
I do appreciate the RV post and others like it. While the forum may be "all about guns", the members do have other things going on in their lives that are interesting to share.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Muttly

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 10:28:36 PM »
Something.

Muttly

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 10:31:18 PM »
Between my foot and stuff around the house I need to get done plus dealing with the new pups havnt had much time to post much or even tink about black powder. Bonnie and Clyde take up a lot of time. I forgot just how much work a puppy is let alone 2 pups lol. Was 16 years since my last pup.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
Hi, this has become a very lonely place to visit. It's as if there isn't anything of interest to post about. Watching old reruns of Gunsmoke is more interesting than this message board. Ok, so you don't want to talk Colt firearms, then how about Scotch? For many years I just bought the blended scotch of J&B and Dewars. Not long ago the guy that owns the local liqueur store recommended Glen Moray 12yr old single malt. Since then I haven't looked back. Maybe you guessed that I have just been drinking it?

Is your life so dull that you have nothing to share?
Anybody alive out there?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 10:01:07 PM »
Scotch is an interesting topic, Richard.
Much more so if you are sampling the goods while discussing it.
However, I seem to be out so either Jameson's or Crown Royal will have to suffice. Cheers!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2016, 12:25:41 PM »
Scooby – Your gun, gear and landscape photographs are some of the very best in the wide world.  If I want to show someone what a particular firearm looks like (or a harvested mountain lion, for that matter) I turn to a Scooby pic.  Some of those -- a guy could frame and hang in the office or the den. Many of those have been ol' G Dog's desktop background on several occasions.

I like a sip a’ Makers Mark of an evening.  When one wants to get rowdy occasionally and tear up the county, then Patrón tequila is the go to stuff (O'shit howdy!).  Midnight Moon is nice too, when one cares for a spot a’Shine.

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 07:34:51 AM »
Hi, this has become a very lonely place to visit. It's as if there isn't anything of interest to post about. Watching old reruns of Gunsmoke is more interesting than this message board. Ok, so you don't want to talk Colt firearms, then how about Scotch? For many years I just bought the blended scotch of J&B and Dewars. Not long ago the guy that owns the local liqueur store recommended Glen Moray 12yr old single malt. Since then I haven't looked back. Maybe you guessed that I have just been drinking it?

Is your life so dull that you have nothing to share?
Anybody alive out there?

Regards,
Richard

I mostly drank Laphroaig, when I was still able to drink.