Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Finally got to the range after the storm  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Suntiger

• View Profile
Finally got to the range after the storm
« on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:06 AM »
Figured I'd go in the morning while all the FSU fans were getting ready to watch their game... It was a good idea! Shot 60 rounds thru the Navies .. Plus some thru my carry guns and a bit with the rifle .. Nice morning... Only hitch was 1 time I evidently missed putting powder in a chamber before the wad and ball... Fortunately got a good range box .. Pulled the cylinder .. Added some powder from behind ... No worries!

Online Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Finally got to the range after the storm
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
Figured I'd go in the morning while all the FSU fans were getting ready to watch their game... It was a good idea! Shot 60 rounds thru the Navies .. Plus some thru my carry guns and a bit with the rifle .. Nice morning... Only hitch was 1 time I evidently missed putting powder in a chamber before the wad and ball... Fortunately got a good range box .. Pulled the cylinder .. Added some powder from behind ... No worries!
Ahh...you've now completed your initiation. You are hereby considered a seasoned veteran! (7&
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Suntiger

• View Profile
Re: Finally got to the range after the storm
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Thanks Kirk!
It's been a great evolution... I have come to appreciate loading stands and other accessories.. But I love my pair of square backs ... Spending time at the range without a whole lot of expense is a cool thing ... Btw I had them loaded for about 6weeks , including 6 days of no AC after the hurricane.. And they shot just fine!