Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: American Historical Foundation 2nd Generation Colt Navy Commemorative  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• Branson State Match, 2009
    • View Profile
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Corrected and updated post.

Colt Custom shop American Historical Foundation made these in the early 90's (?)  mid 80s.  Hand engraved and silver plated.  They made 100 of each, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps commemoratives from 2nd Generation 1851 Navies.  This one is #7 of 100.  The Army one I have is #52 (?) of 100.  I would check it; but it's under a bunch of stuff in the safe.  Army is gold plated ad the Marine Corps and Air Force models are combination of gold and silver plated.  Still looking to get the Marine Corps and Air Force models.

Pics:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:27:26 AM by Fingers McGee »
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts; SASS 28564-L-TG, rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they should be.  Ambrose Bierce

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: American Historical Foundation 2nd Generation Colt Navy Commemorative
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »
I've never seen one those before,   not surprising since It's a limited edition.    I like the fact there is nothing else in the case,  just the revolver and nothing else to detract from it.   Very Nice.

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »
Nice one Fingers.
My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 08:59:37 AM »
Very nice collectible! I remember them, but didn't want to spend the money they were asking. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »
WOW! That is nice!  L@.