Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: How many are out there?  (Read 3461 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
How many are out there?
« on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:49 AM »
Hi, while going through my Photobucket photos I remembered having a Pietta color case hardened revolver, see:

I remember that this revolver was purchased from Cabelas on a limited stock sale, it's somewhere in my safe. This revolver is smooth as silk and a good shooter.

I have not seen this Pietta color cased revolver offered for sale since. Is this a limited edition? Have you seen it elsewhere?

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:15:31 AM by ssb73q »
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: How many are out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »
I recall when you bought that...several years ago now. Several members on Remmy bought the same gun and a couple flipped theirs.
I have not seen this gun offered at Cabelas for a number of years now. I suspect it was a limited offer.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
Were they truly color case hardened? I have heard the colors were chemically produced. What is the year they were produced?

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:07 PM »
Were they truly color case hardened? I have heard the colors were chemically produced. What is the year they were produced?

None of the Italian guns(or Rugers) are case hardened let alone color case hardened. It's an acid wash.

I had one but sold it about six years ago. Had it for a few years before that but don't remember the date code. If it was a limited run it was one that lasted for years.

Ok found a pic with the date code CA so mine was made in 06.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:38:38 PM by Hawg »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.