Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Remington difference  (Read 8862 times)

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
Re: Remington difference
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »
well i know there is a way to attach photo's from my computer but i am stymied as to what to do. i can not copy n paste [not an option] i can click on the "attachments and it allows me to choose which photo to post but then i can find no place that will attach the file to my post here.

HELP
BIGTED

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 05:39:44 PM »
well do not know what i did but will try again. what a puzzle.
BIGTED

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 05:48:40 PM »
pretty strange ... guess i still dont know what happened but there she is.

i will get more pic's of her and the targets when i get out to shoot the dandy. other then some minor slicking up in the frame this revolver is just what the Dr ordered. handles very well and nice sight picture. the dovetailed front sight is a bit of a surprise and cant wait to see where she shoots.

smaller and lighter then the ol brasser i have. very much smoother. grips will be a thing to get aquanted with as far as how to grip her without crushing my "POINTING" finger ... LOL.

very nice revolver and am super glad i took the leap. i think im bout done with the Pietta's. dollar for dollar the Uberti is way far ahead in just about every way. even if a feller has to shim up the Colts the Uberti still shines in value and imitation to the original article.

cant wait to make her belch smoke. more to follow.
BIGTED

Offline Bishop Creek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 06:00:10 PM »
bigted, if you have your photos hosted by an internet site, you can just click on the "insert image" icon on the far left of the posting page and cut and paste the url between the img marks to post a photo here. Like this:

My biggest concern is that when I pass away, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 05:35:58 AM »
Thanks Bishop. Good lookin bunch there
BIGTED

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »
Hi Ted, congratulations on getting your new 1858. Thanks for the photos. I really like the grips on that revolver. I'm waiting with bated breath for your shooting report.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »
Tomorrow will not get here fast enough for the smokin of this dandy.

I now have the little 31 (had it for several years) and this Uberti 58/44 cal. I also have the old brasser that is destined to become a snubby. Should be a fun gun as well. Never got along with the 31 cal tho. It is dandy and really n7ce f7nished but j6st never warmed to it for some reason.

Hell ill be up at 3:30 or 4:00 gett8ng ready for some range time with this new Remmy. Should be a hoot. Ill take the snubby 1860 just in case of some sort of foobar. Ya know how that goes ... First yer money ... Then yer clothes
BIGTED

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 02:37:05 AM »
Well this is going to be a mixed bag for a report. I think that I need to begin another post as my question has been answered as to the difference between the Uberti and the Pietta.

Next now comes the range report and I will begin another post for that as it is going to get involved rather deeply in the impression of the revolver as well as the range report
BIGTED