Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Just Thinking  (Read 6062 times)

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
Re: Just Thinking
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
I think my larger point is a lot of technology seems to have a growth spurt and then stagnate. Yup a 2017 sedan from GM or Toyota is a lot more advanced than a mid 1930's one but someone from the 1930's would immediately know what it is. 4 wheels gas pedal brake pedal steering wheel.

When did the flip phone come out? Yet I am typing this on s iPhone. 20 years? 25? Yet I wonder how much the concept will change from here. New apps yes but the concept?

I remember reading once the limiting factor on the size of a pocket calculator wasn't technology but finger size. Now the iPhone replaced it
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
Re: Just Thinking
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
I think a lot of it is demand. Tech like computing power has rapidly advanced because the demand has increased dramatically, especially the electronic warfare field. Right now a lot of the advancement is geared towards air and seapower, esp unmanned, because it is the kind of war we're fighting. I think it'd take some sort of mass engagement of modern infantry, or a working set (and proven effectiveness) of advanced personal armor ( like the Talos system they were working on) to spur innovation in small arms. I think as long as what we've got is effective against the current opponents we'll probably stick with it.