Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: 1880 Belgian wallhanger....... (not)  (Read 9222 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: 1880 Belgian wallhanger....... (not)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »
mazo kid, thank's for the complement. just wait till you get there, and try to get up in the AM!?and that old saying that AGE IS JUST A #, BS!

Oh, not only have I been there, but I have you by a few years.

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2021, 05:50:51 AM »
I like both back action & box locks, the RABBIT EARS ARE JUST KILLER!! they all seem to have the most graceful lines, even the muzzle loader DBL'S!

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2022, 06:26:55 AM »
remember that they were BP, shotguns in the beginning and still are. and most that pass muster are still safe to use BP, in them. use low powered loads and have fun.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2022, 07:39:29 AM »
remember that they were BP, shotguns in the beginning and still are. and most that pass muster are still safe to use BP, in them. use low powered loads and have fun.

Very much true, Toot. Hard to beat a good BP load.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline toot

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2022, 06:29:00 AM »
BP, Damascus DBL'S is where it is at!!! I have 11 and shoot them weekly with brass MAG-TEC hulls, both with bird shot & 31 CAL. RB'S. buck shot. they all  perform as they did a 100 yrs ago.

Offline Sooty Barrels

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2022, 05:43:13 AM »
Great looking shotgun 👌

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2022, 06:38:58 AM »
I bought an old Lancaster advertised as a wall hanger. One hammer wouldn't catch full cock and the stock was all loosey goosey. I filed out the worn down full cock notch and made a new wedge for the stock. great shooting gun.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2022, 06:58:39 AM »
I bought an old Lancaster advertised as a wall hanger. One hammer wouldn't catch full cock and the stock was all loosey goosey. I filed out the worn down full cock notch and made a new wedge for the stock. great shooting gun.

Cool Hawg, Have you a picture of it to hang? Love to see it. :-*

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2022, 08:38:18 AM »

Cool Hawg, Have you a picture of it to hang? Love to see it. :-*

Dunno. I had one but I lost a lot of pics when photobucket pulled their stunt. No I don't. I'll try to take one sometime today.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Clydesdale4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2022, 12:15:02 PM »
It kills me to see all these guys on modern gun forums that are totally against shooting Damascus barrels.

I agree. I got my head torn off and handed to me on another forum, for mentioning that I was going to shoot a Damascus gun at a match. You'd thought I said I was gonna kill my grandmother.

My ex-wife's first was a Damascus. (Union Arms Pump circa 1911-1913) Chambered for three-inch, never shot any in it, smokeless mind you, we reserved it for only target loads, which at one point were cheaper than .22, 2013~ so we plinked with it.

Annnnd then...

She accidentally loaded some 3" in it, and "hurt" an inner working, and it was retired out of fear. Probably for the best.