Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Signature Series  (Read 6854 times)

Offline Eric Deaton

• Modern Colt Blackpowder
    • View Profile
Re: Signature Series
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
Well it's on the back of the factory brochure for 1996. I believe it was intended to be available and the production records to be available to Colt. Then Colt Blackpowder took the liberty of their licensing agreement with Colt and started putting "Colt" on anything they wanted and selling it. This pissed the Colt brass off and started a long cooling period between the two companies.
“Collecting Modern Colt Blackpowder Revolvers” author

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 05:22:34 PM »
Why would they? Colt had no hand in making or selling them. Colt made it plain they were not Colt revolvers. Sounds like CBPAC got carried away with marketing. There was a dude on another forum that swore up and down that Colt did warranty work on his third gen and that he had the paperwork to prove it. After he found the paperwork he had to admit he sent it back to CBPAC.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Krylandalian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 12:23:46 AM »
I have and fire many more than several examples of 2nd and 3rd Gens.  B O T H   fluctuate in quality if fit/finish/integrity.  3 of my 2nds need a lot of work. Several are perfect!  All the others are fairly tight/crisp and a dream to fire.  Same goes for the 3rds.

Actually, the best of the lot is a 3rd Gen WH Dragoon.  The action , ,  it fires clean and rock steady.  Wedge, base pin, timing, , all seemingly perfectly fit.  The finish too!  I fired it, put it away and did nt  get to it for a    w e e k !    Zero rust!  The finish on this one, really done well!

Regarding the licensed Colt name etc.  Yeah, BPAC got carried away and bit off more than they deserved.  Carried away with their 'Genuine Colt reissues'  claim with product and paperwork.   I think Colt was really careless with their allowing their name to be placed on something they, not only played no part whatsoever in the production/quality control etc, but also to allow their founding masterpieces to be replicated in such a way.