Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Pietta color case hardened 1858  (Read 13165 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Pietta color case hardened 1858
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
Hi, the Pietta Color Case Hardened Remington 1858 has had a taller dovetail sight installed. The revolver also had Brad's no-knuckle-bust trigger guard installed. The revolver:

Laser boresighting show that the new sight may be perfect for poi=poa @25yds using conversion cylinders with heavy .45 Colt. Shooting will be required to confirm.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »
Hi, the Pietta Color Case Hardened Remington 1858 has had a taller dovetail sight installed. The revolver also had Brad's no-knuckle-bust trigger guard installed. The revolver:

Laser boresighting show that the new sight may be perfect for poi=poa @25yds using conversion cylinders with heavy .45 Colt. Shooting will be required to confirm.

Regards,
Richard

Sorry about this Richard, but methinks you need a guide to photographing nice BP guns, even if it concerns shady things like unmentionable thingies starting with R. This is not a floral gardening site, so please get some neutral background that enhances the piece.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Hi Len, a simple solution for you is to not look at my photos or avoid my posts.  *6' *6' *6'

What photos have you posted lately?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 07:47:42 AM »
Hi Len, a simple solution for you is to not look at my photos or avoid my posts.
What photos have you posted lately?

Regards,
Richard
Touche! I like your posts (I just objected to this pix back ground)
I might post some pix of my knitting (you know, rainbow colored caps)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 08:16:58 AM »
You could knit a rainbow colored gun sock for your Manhattan revolver

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45:38 AM »
You could knit a rainbow colored gun sock for your Manhattan revolver
An excellent idea! Thanks Mike

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2018, 09:02:22 AM »

Regards,
Richard

Hi, sighting in the color case hardened Pietta 1858 with taller dovetail front sight was attempted. At 25yds the revolver still shot high ~2" using .45 Colt and the as installed taller front sight. IMO that's close enough for Remmy work and I will not do anything more to heighten the front sight. The revolver after shooting:

Regards,
Richard

Offline valforgettaboutit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2018, 10:12:53 AM »
Nice! Although I have to say, maybe more color next time? Perhaps a floral pattern would make that picture pop....

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2018, 10:59:46 AM »
Nice! Although I have to say, maybe more color next time? Perhaps a floral pattern would make that picture pop....

Hi val, will do so next time.  (7+" (7+" (7+"

My wife had a black table cloth on the table where the revolver would disappear in a photo. I will be sure to have a better tablecloth background next time, just for Len.  )l_

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:30:54 AM by ssb73q »