Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: I just bought two ANIB second generation Colt Navy revolvers.  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Stillwater

• View Profile
I just bought two ANIB second generation Colt Navy revolvers.
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
I was fortunate to be walking around with some extra money in my pocket, when I went into a local gun shop and found a unfired 1851 Navy, and an unfired 1861 Navy, in the box, for sale. You can believe me when I say they didn't stay unsold for very long. The 1851 Navy was without the box.

The 1861 Navy is unfired and unturned -- how nice is that?

The 1851 Navy has been turned a very small amount. By using tooth paste I may be able to repolish the extra faint turn marks.

And, the prices were well below market value...! Sometimes, but not too often, everything comes together for the good of a Colt buyer.

Then on FLEA bay, I found four Colt Black powder revolver, presentation cases. Those weren't cheap, but I wanted them. So, I did a buy it now on all four. And, they're here, as type this.

Now, all I have to do is find the accoutrements that Colt put out with the black powder revolvers, when they sold them. Those accoutrements are ubelievably expensive on FLEA bay.

A little later, I was perusing Comarrons's web site, I find that Cimarron is now selling all the accoutrements I will ever need, at good-guy prices. They're reproductions, but what do I care, the prices are right?

Bill
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:07:01 PM by Stillwater »
A man enters into contention and his mouth calls for strokes.

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
Re: I just bought two ANIB second generation Colt Navy revolvers.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »
I don't think I could get away with a shopping spree like that at my house.  My wife might try to match my spending by doing some impulse buying for herself.
She would deserve it but the mortgage payment might suffer.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:53:34 PM »
I could never own an unturned Colt. Well, maybe for about five minutes, but that would be it. ::)
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 11:11:48 PM »
Some of us lucky fellas shoot our reproduction revolvers, and save our mint, second generations, to admire...

I think that if I shot one of our real colts, I might be wearing a reproduction cap and ball revolver sticking in a tender part of my anatomy, to remind me of which Colt reproduction is to be shot, which real Colt is to be held and admired.

My wife likes the second generation Colts as much as I do, maybe a little more. In fact it was her, who saved the money, that bought those second generation Colts.

Bill

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 06:04:43 AM »
My wife is not the least interested in firearms period.  She just tollerates my gun habits and is happy I don't spend my money and time in Honkey Tonks or bars.

Offline Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
I'm very fortunate that my wife supports my gun hobby whole heartedly. Maybe that's why we've been married for over 42 years.

Bill