Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Buy, Sell, or Trade?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
Buy, Sell, or Trade?
« on: October 12, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
Hi, how about a Buy, Sell, or Trade thread?

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Buy, Sell, or Trade?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
We have one. You need a few more posts to see it, though.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »
We have one. You need a few more posts to see it, though.

Hi, then what's the point of having a Buy or Sell on a new message board. There is such low volume of posting that it will take 50yrs before anyone can sell anything here. I'll be dead long before then.

BTW, it's the newbies that could take advantage of buying quality items offered to aid their hobby. Get your head out of ........ and open the Buy and Sell for everyone.  Don't I have a way with words?  ;) ;) ;)

Regards,
Richard
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:29:58 PM by ssb73q »
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
Richard, SOME of us have more than 100 posts..... ;)
Seriously, the reason we put a high limit on it was to prevent the trolls and spammers from coming here, registering and then clogging up the board with FOR SALE posts....and contributing nothing in the way of posts or participation. They use the board simply for their own private Craigslist. Then somebody gets ripped off and complains that we didn't look out for their best interest....
If you feel really strongly about it I can lower the post count to 50, which means you'll fit in right away.
I am seriously committed to keeping this a top-quality forum for our members and not some cheap street corner for carnies to hawk their snake oil.
I would appreciate comments on this from the other members as well.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 03:15:40 AM »
Richard, SOME of us have more than 100 posts..... ;)
Seriously, the reason we put a high limit on it was to prevent the trolls and spammers from coming here, registering and then clogging up the board with FOR SALE posts....and contributing nothing in the way of posts or participation. They use the board simply for their own private Craigslist. Then somebody gets ripped off and complains that we didn't look out for their best interest....
If you feel really strongly about it I can lower the post count to 50, which means you'll fit in right away.
I am seriously committed to keeping this a top-quality forum for our members and not some cheap street corner for carnies to hawk their snake oil.
I would appreciate comments on this from the other members as well.

Hi Captain, you make some good points that I hadn't considered. I'll now put my head up my ..... I guess I just too trusting? Is there anyway that you have a post number requirement for posting buy and sell, but no limit for reading? Then newbies could PM the seller and a deal could get done. That would protect message board, but also open opportunity to the new members.

Regards,
Richard

Offline Mad Dog Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
Hi Richard, you should be able to SEE the "For Sale" threads now. If not, let me know.  ;)