Black Powder Pistols > Open Tops

Both 72' Open Tops Finally in hand

(1/9) > >>

ShotgunDave:
I've been selling, trading and saving, so I could buy a brace of 72' Open Tops in .45 Colt caliber. I was finally able to do so.

Here's my beauties.

I don't have them in hand yet, they're in transit to my FFL. So once the waiting period is over, I'll get some really good pictures of them and post a shooting report.

I'm VERY excited to have these!

Captainkirk:
Those are so purdy, they bring a tear to m'eye.
Fantastic score, thanks for sharing!

Fingers McGee:
Congrats  Dave.  they sure look nice.

ShotgunDave:
Thanks Fellas. Been wanting these for a very long time.

They're going to be my main match pistols for SASS competition. I'm not a fan of Rugers, they just don't feel right in my hands. Not to mention, they don't replicate the original guns. At least not to me. I like SAA's, but my true interest is in the BP era and early cartridge guns. Since I'm pretty proficient with my cap & ball Colts, the 72's should do nicely for me.

Fingers McGee:
I've gone down the same route - only for different reasons.  Picked up a pair of Richards-Mason .38s with 5 1/2 inch barrels to replace the 2nd Gen '61 Navies I've been shooting in SASS matches for the last 10 years or so.  Having been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last August, I now know why shooting cap guns was getting to be such a chore.  Loading 38s is a lot easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version