Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: BONANZA TV series gun rack  (Read 5921 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: BONANZA series gun rack
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 09:18:57 AM »
FWIW, I have this really cool old gun I inherited from my dad...chambered in .22 short, it still functions. I'd LOVE to hang this little gem over the fireplace, but bottom line is, it works. Therefore, I'd be putting myself at risk legally.

That is cool as hell! I'd have that gun displayed so I could enjoy it.

I feel that we're playing right into the gun grabber's hands. They have us scared to even display our own property, in our own homes. That's a sad state of affairs.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 09:34:33 AM »
I feel that we're playing right into the gun grabber's hands. They have us scared to even display our own property, in our own homes. That's a sad state of affairs.

I could not agree more. It's truly a shame what liberal free-thinkers have done to this country and our proud heritage.
The US has been founded on, built on, and defended by our love affair with the gun. I fear the inmates are now running the asylum and they are making us the bad guys because we are intelligent enough not to buy into the idea if we all sing Kumbaya and have a big group hug, that we can all get along and dance with fuzzy puppies, rainbows, and singing birdies.
Although it's "only Hollyweird", I'm often struck watching old westerns such as Gunsmoke at the sporatic, senseless and vicious cruelty dispensed at random on decent individuals by animals with guns. Whether TV fantasy or not, in actuality it probably happened that way, and often. Many times the solitary farmer and his family had only the family gun to defend themselves and family with in times of crisis. Has it really only taken a generation for so many to be duped into thinking mankind has changed for the better?
Caveat Emptor.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:44:33 PM by Captainkirk »
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »

I could not agree more. It's truly a shame what liberal free-thinkers have done to this country and our proud heritage.
The US has been founded on, built on, and defended by our love affair with the gun. I fear the inmates are now running the asylum and they are making us the bad guys because we are intelligent enough not to buy into the idea if we all sing Kumbaya and have a big group hug, that we can all get along and dance with fuzzy puppies, rainbows, and singing birdies.
Although it's "only Hollyweird", I'm often struck watching old westerns such as Gunsmoke at the sporatic, senseless and vicious cruelty dispensed at random on decent individuals by animals with guns. Whether TV fantasy or not, in actuality it happened that way, and often. Many times the solitary farmer and his family had only the family gun to defend themselves and family with in times of crisis. Has it really only taken a generation for so many to be duped into thinking mankind has changed for the better?
Caveat Emptor.

Well put Capt. I agree 100%

-Abe Lincoln

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
Re: BONANZA TV series gun rack
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »
In California, minors or persons prohibited from possessing firearms who are legally on the premises are the real risk for the gun owner.  Absent those, no criminal liability will attach.  Anyway, the statutes here refer to “loaded firearms”.

Shotgun, check out Cal. Penal Code §§ 25100, 25105.  Those will give you a little guidance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:15:12 PM by G Dog »
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »
Sorry fellas, dredging up an old topic here. But I thought this was the perfect place for this.

I decided to get my pistols out of the darkness and let them enjoy some air. So I made this display today for them. It keeps all my pistols and accoutrements in one place, and I can get all touchy feely with them any time I want. Plus, even if I'm not fondling them every day, I can at least look at them and enjoy them.

I know some folks will probably say, I'm being irresponsible by putting them out on display. But my kids know about guns. They're not curious about them to the point of sneaking in to play with them. They know that all they have to do is ask, and they can hold, touch and look at whatever they want. We don't generally have company, except for my aged parents on occasion. I think they're perfectly safe out in the open.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2019, 09:35:56 PM »
I don't display mine anymore since I had 15 handguns stolen several years ago.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 02:20:20 PM »
FWIW, I have this really cool old gun I inherited from my dad...chambered in .22 short, it still functions. I'd LOVE to hang this little gem over the fireplace, but bottom line is, it works. Therefore, I'd be putting myself at risk legally.

If you live in a commie state you most likely are!!
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 06:17:38 PM »
That’s a nice rack, Shotgun.  Looking good.  I hope that your setup is not visible through a window.  Word gets around pretty fast among some types.  As is known, many thieves have scouts out working on commission.  Scouts on the front end and a reliable fence with dope or cash money after the fact. 

For several hundred years burglary and grand larceny were common law felonies - hanging offences.  Not surprisingly, in the old days, per capita, there were many fewer burglars and rip-off artists.  It useta was that crime suppression was just a simple arithmetic proposition: subtraction. 

I rotate my repro old timey pistols and just keep one or two sitting out on an antique desk or sideboard.  Fun to come by and handle, point, shoot an imaginary bad guy and just appreciate.  If I kept any more than that out at a time it would be a case of sensory overload. 

Tljack - my 2¢ is hang that beauty anywhere that can’t be seen from the exterior and work out any extraneous details as they may come along.  It’s your rifle and your home - be careful and then do absolutely whatever you care to do.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 06:33:53 PM »
That’s a nice rack, Shotgun.  Looking good.  I hope that your setup is not visible through a window.  Word gets around pretty fast among some types.  As is known, many thieves have scouts out working on commission.  Scouts on the front end and a reliable fence with dope or cash money after the fact. 

For several hundred years burglary and grand larceny were common law felonies - hanging offences.  Not surprisingly, in the old days, per capita, there were many fewer burglars and rip-off artists.  It useta was that crime suppression was just a simple arithmetic proposition: subtraction. 

I rotate my repro old timey pistols and just keep one or two sitting out on an antique desk or sideboard.  Fun to come by and handle, point, shoot an imaginary bad guy and just appreciate.  If I kept any more than that out at a time it would be a case of sensory overload. 

Tljack - my 2¢ is hang that beauty anywhere that can’t be seen from the exterior and work out any extraneous details as they may come along.  It’s your rifle and your home - be careful and then do absolutely whatever you care to do.

Thanks G Dog. No worries about the window. It's not visible from anywhere outside the house. Only one who can see it is me. I totally agree with keeping things away from prying eyes. Because people do look in windows for targets of opportunity.
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
Agreed; nice show 'n' tell, Dave.
Just be careful and instruct young'ns to not tell any friends or girlfriends, etc about your guns. Word travels fast on the street
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
Agreed; nice show 'n' tell, Dave.
Just be careful and instruct young'ns to not tell any friends or girlfriends, etc about your guns. Word travels fast on the street

It was my step daughters husband at the time that stole mine when he ran out on her.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 09:41:43 PM »
I don't leave anything out in the open anymore. People see and tell. To much temptation.

Offline jaxenro

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 01:46:12 AM »
Liability can depend on where you live. Not having a gun locked up and then stolen can open you up for more liability in Massachusetts than Alabama. Different courts, and prosecutors, can view the same event differently
Check out my website www.percussionrevolvers.com

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2021, 05:23:57 AM »
I learned my lesson the hard way back in the 70's when all my displayed guns were stolen. What hurt, my favorite Rem 700 and my first shotgun that dad bought me were in that beautiful display case. Now, the only shotgun or pistol I have out are the ones I will show somebody if they break down my door again.