Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: London Navy  (Read 6005 times)

Online Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: London Navy
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:10 AM »
Hi Kirk, silver plating should be easy. However, I can't think of a more problematic plating on a firearm. Silver sulfates easily. Can you think of anything used with a BP firearm that contains sulfur?

If a silver color finish is desired on a firearm, think nickel.

Regards,
Richard
True dat. Nickel would be great on a TG/BS for any Colt replica.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
Long ago I did some nickeling. Bought nickel anodes, bath chemicals and made a DC source. It was a messy activity. The crucial thing was getting the object absolutely clean, and that called for more unpleasant chemical stuff. Not worth the effort, at least not on a layman level.

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 03:21:46 PM »
Well guess I do not know how to upload pictures. At any rate, the tarnish fluid came from TOW. Was going to snap a couple pictures but will need to discover how again.

BIGTED

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »
Well guess I do not know how to upload pictures. At any rate, the tarnish fluid came from TOW. Was going to snap a couple pictures but will need to discover how again.

Thanks bigted. I'll head over to Track and check it out.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »

I just use a 3rd party website such as this one. One can upload any pics from your HDD. Just make sure that BBcode is enabled. Easy peasy. Copy and paste and you are good to go. No money involved like the danged Photobucket site.

https://imgbb.com/

Jim
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:41:19 PM by sourdough »
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
Got so tired of PB that I never even retrieved my photo's nor do I have interest in doing so. The bucket should be black balled outta business.

You can black your parts as black as you wish with that stuff ... just takes patience and messing with it till you get what you want. If for some reason it turns out you do not like it, tarnish remover will get you back to shiney brass.
BIGTED

Online Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 07:26:43 AM »
I agree with you, Ted. 100%.
Even though Flickr has imposed a small fee ($40.00/yr) for me to store 1000+ photos, they gave me ample warning (6+ months) and gave me the opportunity to cut down my photo quantities, which I chose not to. Then PB comes back from their ridiculous ransom note demands of $400 per year and tells everyone they can once again have limited storage space really cheap...and then plasters their disgusting watermark all over the photos.
They send me emails once a week lately asking me to pay the now $7.00 monthly ransom so my photos don't get deleted. I already transferred the good ones over to Flickr.
What goes around, comes around. They can go piss up a rope.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »
I agree with you, Ted. 100%.
Even though Flickr has imposed a small fee ($40.00/yr) for me to store 1000+ photos, they gave me ample warning (6+ months) and gave me the opportunity to cut down my photo quantities, which I chose not to. Then PB comes back from their ridiculous ransom note demands of $400 per year and tells everyone they can once again have limited storage space really cheap...and then plasters their disgusting watermark all over the photos.
They send me emails once a week lately asking me to pay the now $7.00 monthly ransom so my photos don't get deleted. I already transferred the good ones over to Flickr.
What goes around, comes around. They can go piss up a rope.

And SUCK ON THE WET END
BIGTED