Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Uberti short arbor  (Read 8254 times)

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
Re: Uberti short arbor
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »
Quote from: Hawg llink=topic=3194.msg40187#msg40187 date=1589090009
He said he was gonna send it to you to have all sorts of disgusting things done to it lol :P :P :P

Haaaaaaa!!! Now I see your angle on all this kinda thing!!!  (Good man Hawger!! Thanks!!)

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

Don't that Hawg have a way with words? I mean " have all sorts of disgusting things done to it" *6'

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 08:35:37 AM »
He said he was gonna send it to you to have all sorts of disgusting things done to it lol :P :P :P

Haaaaaaa!!! Now I see your angle on all this kinda thing!!!  (Good man Hawger!! Thanks!!)

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Don't that Hawg have a way with words? I mean " have all sorts of disgusting things done to it" *6'

Well, what Mike did to my Dragoon and Army was abhorrent! That's why I'm gonna send him my Walker.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2020, 09:16:20 AM »

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Well, what Mike did to my Dragoon and Army was abhorrent! That's why I'm gonna send him my Walker.

*6' *6' *6'
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AZ6Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2023, 04:47:23 AM »
On SAAs I do pretty good, but I'll be the first to admit that I am not up to snuff on C&Bs. So here is the dumb question of the month. 
Why could you not  take it off the front of the forcing cone to correct the short arbor problem??    :confused:

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2023, 05:38:50 AM »
On SAAs I do pretty good, but I'll be the first to admit that I am not up to snuff on C&Bs. So here is the dumb question of the month. 
Why could you not  take it off the front of the forcing cone to correct the short arbor problem??    :confused:

AZ6Gun, do you mean shaving down the cone? Not sure I understand.  Thanks, Z

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2023, 06:17:10 AM »

Because if you did take off enough of the forcing cone to bottom the arbor out in the hole your wedge slots would be out of line and your barrel would be pointing at the sky unless you shaved the barrel lug too.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline AZ6Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2023, 08:36:05 AM »

AZ6Gun, do you mean shaving down the cone? Not sure I understand.  Thanks, Z

Yes.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2023, 09:07:32 AM »
I think I understand thank you. That would eliminate a binding cylinder possibly but don’t think that really covers the short arbor issue. :icon_scratch:

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2023, 10:00:51 AM »
I think I understand thank you. That would eliminate a binding cylinder possibly but don’t think that really covers the short arbor issue. :icon_scratch:

See my last post.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2023, 10:21:01 AM »

See my last post.
Thank you Hawg.  :cowboypistol:

Offline AZ6Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2023, 11:00:02 AM »
My problem is that I have less than .002 of gap with the wedge barely in, which would be a problem, right?

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2023, 11:23:21 AM »
You should have Zero "gap" and roughly. 0025" -.003" of "endshake" (clearance with the cyl pulled to the rear). The cylinder is going to always be in contact with the barrel.
You need to understand the wedge PULLS the barrel assy onto the arbor. The arbor is the STOP for how far the barrel assy is "pulled" to the frame/cyl.

Mike

Offline AZ6Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2023, 12:18:09 PM »
Many thanks to all, and to you Mike.  See, you can teach an old dog new tricks. (7+"  :cowboypistol: