Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Chopped my faux Colt for this genuine one.  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
Chopped my faux Colt for this genuine one.
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »
Well gentlemen we all must have experienced the feeling of "I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THAT" when we see a certain article that gets our attention. It happened to me very recently.

I saw this BEAUTIFUL and I mean BEAUTIFUL Colt Cobra .38 special. 2" barrel, lightweight nickel plated aluminium frame stainless cylinder made in 1976 according to it's serial number.

It came with Pachmayr grips on it, the original wooden grips, an ankle holster and a belt holster. Plus a couple of boxes of Winchester .38 special. The action is glass smooth typical Colt.

All that was going through my head was "I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THAT". The problem being is that I have just spent best part of a grand on a AR15 style semi auto 12g and "she who must be obeyed" would not be happy with me spending more money on guns.

Then a solution popped into my head. My Spanish friend Juan de Dios has been pleading with me for the last four years to sell him my Pietta 1851 Navy Yank snub faux Colt. DONE DEAL.

This thing is like brand spanking new. Most definitely has been a safe Queen all of her life. No signs of carry anywhere on her. A fine example of true American craftsmanship. It reminds me of my Colt Diamondback Tony Blair confiscated from me  -,\

Oh BTW there isn't any damage on the right side of the frame. It's a reflection of my cellphone.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:43:22 AM by Necessaryevil »

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Chopped my faux Colt for this genuine one.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »
I'd say you got the better end of the deal on that trade off!

That's a gorgeous Colt NE.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:46:46 AM »
I sold the Pietta to my friend and bought this from a dealer.

You are obviously a man of impeccable taste sir.

Thanks Dave.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:48:22 AM by Necessaryevil »

Offline Yolla Bolly Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »
That's a nice snake gun there Evil. I have a blued Python from of about that vintage and Colt sure took pride in their product back then.

Offline Necessaryevil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:53:13 AM »
Ahhhhh a Colt Python. I have always wanted a Colt Python. Strangely enough I was looking at one for sale on ARMAS.ES the other day. Boxed and in mint condition 4" barrel Pachmayr grips. The seller said it had never been fired in Spain and probably only proof fired in America. He wants 600€ for it...................but I dare not, at the moment.

Thanks Yolla and I am very envious, I gotta get me a Python !