Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Beat up Reproduction Walker  (Read 3041 times)

Offline pitfighter

• View Profile
Beat up Reproduction Walker
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
Hi Gentlemen,

I collect mostly "original" period items, this Walker turned up in a grouping recently.

Obviously it's a fairly "low value" modern reproduction, but I wondered if you experts could tell me a little more about it.
The pictures show all the visible markings.

Rifling is of the modern type and it looks unfired.

My thought is that it's a kit that someone has finished roughly and stamp marked to their own design.
There is no country of manufacture engraved and no proof, or import marks.

The revolver in the center.

US 1847

A Company No 68

A Company No 68

A Company No 68

Blank Patent no. 

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:55:05 PM by pitfighter »

Offline Len

• View Profile
Re: Beat up Reproduction Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:43:40 PM »
Sorry, can't tell you anything about the Walker. But stumbled on the probably English engraved Adams. Must be an original? More info appreciated

Offline pitfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
Hah - just posted some photos and research up at Gunboards on that one - https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1110203-British-Revolver-licensed-by-AF-and-manufactured-in-Belgium

Took a few hours last night to read up on it.

That image is on an 1851 Colt Navy alongside an M1851 Deane Adams and Deane - in .50 caliber.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 10:28:28 PM by pitfighter »

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
The Walker is most likely an Armi san Marco with some embellishments. There's a lot of ASM's out there with a Colt barrel address which Colt sued them over.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline pitfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 03:27:26 PM »
The Walker is most likely an Armi san Marco with some embellishments. There's a lot of ASM's out there with a Colt barrel address which Colt sued them over.

Thanks Hawg - !

Offline BOOMSTICK BRUCE

• SASS #105711
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »
if you were to ever decide to part with it, im you're huckleberry!!!
l
l_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
  JEEP OWNER!

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
I agree with Hawg. I believe the "A" appearing on the bottom of the backstrap, left side of barrel lug, and left side of the frame is the earlier ASM marking which evolved into the ASM triangular logo with a somewhat stylized A, S, and M of later ASM reproductions.

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 11:34:18 AM »
Hah - just posted some photos and research up at Gunboards on that one - https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1110203-British-Revolver-licensed-by-AF-and-manufactured-in-Belgium

Took a few hours last night to read up on it.
Thanks. Nice reading.

Offline pitfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 11:50:47 AM »
I agree with Hawg. I believe the "A" appearing on the bottom of the backstrap, left side of barrel lug, and left side of the frame is the earlier ASM marking which evolved into the ASM triangular logo with a somewhat stylized A, S, and M of later ASM reproductions.

Jim

That is interesting, thank you, yes, the A is off line with the rest of the stamping -

Thanks Len - reading up on the rest of the buy over the next week, or so - An Army Wheelock, an Army Joslyn (rarest of the lot), An English Bulldog and some Flintlock rifles and one Mule Ear Percussion musket oh and a pair of matched box lock muff pistols.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:44:50 PM »

Jim

That is interesting, thank you, yes, the A is off line with the rest of the stamping -

It's also not the same font.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline pitfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »

It's also not the same font.

Interesting this is, the originals also have a different looking stamp for the "A" and "numbers" -

These images are of a Walker currently in auction - verified by the Texas Collectors association.

Select Language​▼
Lot 2233: (A) VERY RARE COLT WALKER PERCUSSION REVOLVER AUTHENTICATED BY THE TEXAS GUN COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION.
https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/a-very-rare-colt-walker-percussion-revolver-aut-9664632830