Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: More shooting in the desert  (Read 2635 times)

Offline mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
More shooting in the desert
« on: August 10, 2019, 01:12:38 PM »
I had forgotten about these pics until I ran across them on my phone a couple days ago.
I went back down to New Mexico the first week of July and of course I took some guns along for fun.    This trip I figured it was time to shoot some .36 cal revolvers that I fired maybe one once or twice but really hadn't paid any attention to.    I rarely ever put anything on paper but I did with 3 of these .36 cal revolvers for a change.   The shooting was done Offhand at 25 yards for each of the targets.   The load and projectile are written on each target.   Each of the paper targets were taped to a self healing plastic gong style target so that an "X" was formed in the center of the paper plate.   The "X" was used as the aiming point.

Uberti 1861 Navy

1858 Navy

Uberti Paterson         I didn't notice until I finished loading that the front sight was missing on the Paterson.   I have no idea when it was lost.

It appears that all three revolvers are shooting pretty well elevation wise.  I think the vertical spread is the shooters fault.    The Paterson group was not bad considering I had to just sight down the barrel and had no post for reference.   

I also took along some other firearms but don't have any photos except for the 1860 Thuer conversion.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: More shooting in the desert
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
Nice shooting Mike.

I gotta say, that 61 Navy is just a great looking pistol. Specially with the fluted cylinder. I really need to get one of those.

And of course the Paterson and Thuer are just awesome. Impossible to pick a favorite.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »
I would call that mighty respectable! L@.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hewy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 08:00:18 AM »
New Mexico ? To bad Colorado is getting difficult to find a good shooting spot. The Wild West seems to be gone.
Those are some sweet shootin irons Mike , and 36 is a nice comfortable size to punch holes is a paper plate target , have lunch
put the plates up and shoot for desert  ($!
Hewy
Hewy
BETTER TO GETTIN than GETTIN GOT.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 11:13:34 AM »
To spend time in the desert is to be renewed.  Doing some shooting there only helps. 
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 06:41:49 PM »
To spend time in the desert is to be renewed.  Doing some shooting there only helps.

Absolutely!
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick