Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: What keeps your pump primed?  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
Re: What keeps your pump primed?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 06:10:41 PM »
You'd better! I'd love that!

Yes...the streets are packed with souvenir shops and bars....but with that said, it was pretty much like that in it's heyday too. Just not quite as many brothels and a few less bars now. Yes they do charge for the OK corral...but a lot of that goes the actors doing the shows. You just need to sit down with the Outlaw Social Club in the smoke shop and do a little show and tell. It gets quite interesting. Whether it's guns, history or whatever...I tend to learn something every day I'm there.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
Twenty years ago we were just tourists, taking in the sights and sounds. Yeah, I was into the old guns then, and we did find Boot Hill very interesting. The re-enactments were entertaining too. Sorry, didn't mean to come off sounding sour on the experience. We know it takes funding to keep something like that going. And I appreciate you making the Tombstone headstamped cartridges available.

Offline Miguel Loco

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 04:04:29 PM »
Wow...I forgot about those cases! I haven't had to reload 45 for a while.  They do need to liven things up a bit in town though. I hear the same comments from many that visit. They are trying to get some new leadership in town, hopefully it'll work this time and we'll get some new "free" activities. Right now there is a statute that doesn't allow groups of gunfighters to gather without a specific and hard to get permit, which is just silly! It's what people go there for.
"a dios rogando y con el mazo dando...y un buen cigarro"
-Mick

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »
There’s always a C&B repro of something old sitting on my desk or a bookcase and I’ll handle one or two everyday.  If I feel like a hike I can walk to BLM land for a shoot; forest trails, all the way. It’s just under a mile.  I could legally shoot on my home property but keeping on the qt is a great big priority with me and I have pistol and rifle pellet guns to shoot at home, quietly.  I’m a member of a really excellent local private range that’s less than a 30 min drive away so I have that too (8:00 AM to sunset, everyday).

As kids, my boys took to their Dad’s BP revolvers like drunks to drink and each now have a 51 Navy and a 5.5” Pietta Remington apiece.  They CC permit modern world style and are realists but still say those BP pistols are their favorites to shoot.  That’s true for me, too.  We go to the range or other spots and shoot regularly together.  Some of their friends are into BP too.  The same guys who, as kids, I introduced to BP firearms.  Having been brought up in the way they should go - they have not departed from it and own Colt and Remington repros of their own.  Any of that is enough to keep my enthusiasm fuse lit. 

I should’ve took up missionaryin to the pirates in Madagascar.  I may have been good at it.

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle