Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Things that bug the hell out of me.  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that bug the hell out of me.
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2020, 02:49:30 AM »
I can’t stand the fact that whatever hat Victoria Barkley wears,  it’s stuck to the side of her head.  It never falls off.  (7+"

Ladies hats were pinned back in the day.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2020, 06:49:49 PM »
It is something real that bothers me. Nobody knows what type of gun Wyatt Earp carried at OK corral.
Some say a S&W American. But Earp's ancestors recently auctioned off a Colt claiming it was probably the gun.
So now we can't make up a copy of the gun used, because we don't know what it was.

In Amazon reviews of an Earp biography: " telephone service was available in Tombstone about the time of the gunfight and certainly shortly thereafter and one never sees that in movies. It seems not to fit. What did surprise me in this book was that during the Earp posse Vendetta Ride, the action was followed to some degree in newspapers East and West. People could read about it as it was going on. "
https://www.amazon.com/Tombstone-Earp-Brothers-Holliday-Vendetta/dp/1250214580/

It looks like everybody was really interested in all about the shooting all over America right when it was happening. And yet I guess no news story recorded which gun was used.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »
It looks like everybody was really interested in all about the shooting all over America right when it was happening. And yet I guess no news story recorded which gun was used.

Why would they? I'm sure nobody back then would even think there would be any interest in a 30 second gunfight 140 years later or that they would give two rips about what kind of gun anybody carried. Nobody knows for sure what gun Wild Bill Hickok used to kill Davis Tutt either.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2020, 07:25:03 AM »
Back in those times, a gun was a gun. Everyone west of the Mississippi wore one, so make and model were unimportant. Only reason everyone knows what type of gun was used in today's shootings is because the news media uses it as a tool to vilify the gun as well as the shooter.
Just sayin;....
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2020, 02:45:31 PM »
Back in those times, a gun was a gun. Everyone west of the Mississippi wore one, so make and model were unimportant. Only reason everyone knows what type of gun was used in today's shootings is because the news media uses it as a tool to vilify the gun as well as the shooter.
Just sayin;....

They really don't even do that today. I've never heard a newscaster say something to the effect of, "A man was shot today, at the local Piggly Wiggly. The assailant used a Glock 19, 9mm pistol, with the optional brown camo finish."

Nope. Usually just the basic facts. Semi-auto handgun, assault style rifle, something like that.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2020, 04:50:04 PM »
Just sayin;....

They really don't even do that today. I've never heard a newscaster say something to the effect of, "A man was shot today, at the local Piggly Wiggly. The assailant used a Glock 19, 9mm pistol, with the optional brown camo finish."

Nope. Usually just the basic facts. Semi-auto handgun, assault style rifle, something like that.

Maybe not on the 9 o'clock news, but on the internet or newspapers they love to ID the weapon as in; "Glock semiautomatic handgun" or "AR-15 assault rifle". And they do it on purpose.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 09:21:44 AM »
This is not gun-related, but it bugs me that every time a car is burning, it BLOWS UP!

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
This is not gun-related, but it bugs me that every time a car is burning, it BLOWS UP!
I don't understand what's become of modern cars. Scores burning every night. Didn't happen when I was younger.