General Black Powder > Gun Builds and Projects

A "gripping" project

<< < (3/3)

ShotgunDave:

--- Quote from: mazo kid on May 13, 2020, 10:54:10 AM ---OK, now you've went and done it! I am going out to the shed and bring in a couple of my buffalo bones that I have had for 16+ years. Just not looking forward to the smell when sawing and sanding bone. I will be wearing a dust mask too, as bone dust is pretty nasty stuff. I hope I will have some that is big enough for grips.  I also have a piece of moose antler that I have wanted to do something with for some time now.

--- End quote ---

Glad I could help motivate you Em! I wish I had some real bone or antler that was big enough to make grips from. It's my favorite grip material. I have some elk antler, but it's not big enough to use for a gun. I made it into a knife handle instead.

mazo kid:
I got this Colt about 20 years ago. It is in 41 LC as I wanted a gun to shoot the only ammo I had, 41LC in smokeless. I wanted the brass to load black powder in for my Thunderers. Fortunately Starline came out shortly with their 41LC brass and I didn't have to shoot that expensive collector stuff! The gun came with the stag grips!

mazo kid:
The good thing is that the grips are probably worth twice what I paid for the gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version