Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Another Pyramyd catalog  (Read 1849 times)

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Another Pyramyd catalog
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:34:58 PM »
I got a new catalog today; just paging through it. They still have the S&W Schofield #3, the '75 Remmie and the Peacemaker. I was impressed with some of the realistic pistols, some even have blow-back slides. Yeah, they are CO2 powered, but they have the heft and feel of the real thing. I am still enjoying my Buckmark break-barrel but am considering a Colt Commander. The slide blows back and locks open after the last shot! XDs, SIGs, Walthers, etc.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: Another Pyramyd catalog
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »
After doing a bit of research, I don't think I will be ordering this gun. Evidently, the blow back action uses the CO2 up quickly. There are other non-blowback models of the 1911 style gun.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:26 PM »
Hey Em, I used to have a blowback version of the Glock 19. I don't remember who made it though. But I do remember that I could only get about 25 shots out of a Co2 cylinder. And the last 5 or 6 were anemic at best. I got rid of it fairly quickly.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »
That pretty much sums up what I found.

Offline ssb73q

• Gunsmoke junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
Hi Emery, if you don't have a Crosman 2240 you are missing an incredibility accurate CO2 handgun. I have three of them, 2 .22, 1 .177. They are an amateur gunsmith's joy to modify. From a rest all my 2240 will put all the pellets in the same hole @15yds. They are my ability to quietly shoot in the basement during the winter.

I also have a .177 Schofield that is pretty much a toy, only good for coke can accuracy from 10yds.

Regards,
Richard
There’s nothing better in the morning than the smell of bacon and black powder smoke!

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 09:31:58 AM »
Yes, a lot of the pellet handguns lack real accuracy and are also smooth bore. My Buckmark falls into that category, but is still fun to shoot.

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
I’ve been using an Umarex Browning Buck Mark break barrel for almost four years.  It has rifling and is quite accurate. Rear sight is adjustable.   I never thought I was a pellet gun person but learned otherwise.  Only paid 40 bucks for it.  Priced now at $45 from Pyramid Air.  I recommend that mod to everyone. I enjoy the hell out of mine.
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline G Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2020, 04:49:07 PM »
Has anyone here ever used round lead balls in their pellet guns?  Gamo has some .177's at 8.17 grains.  Any opinions on those?
"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society."
                                                   --   Aristotle

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
Richard, I have no experience with lead round balls. Over the years I have picked up a variety of pellets from different makers. I have never done any testing as to what works best as I don't really have a good indoor range....yet. I have thought about making a rest from a camera tripod but other things keep getting in the way. I think that would really help with determining best accuracy from a standing position.