Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Black powder substitute  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Black powder substitute
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 05:56:58 PM »
Over the decades I've shot a shit-ton of Pyro P.  It's always treated me well.  Even in paper revolver carts it lights right up and it's got good jam. There are powders I prefer over Pyrodex but the histrionics over that particular sub have always seemed a little over done to me. 

And yea, you gotta clean it.  With water.  But, what's new?

Awhile back on another forum there was a guy saying water would never touch his guns and I was saying water was the best thing to clean with not to mention the cheapest. He asked me if I had a high end Sharps would I clean it with water. I said if I had one yes I would but since I didn't have one I would prove it anyway and posted pics of my Weatherby Mark V Deluxe sitting in a bucket of soapy water scope and all. (7+" I never heard another word out of him. In fact I think he left the forum.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 11:16:38 PM »
That is funny hawg. The "Dude" would not want to go hunting with me. I wonder if all of these old antique guns that I use ever had any water on or in them (7+".

I probably had the only Weatherby that's ever been deliberately dunked in a bucket of water. I sold the gun about a year ago. I always said I never would because it was a holdover from more plush days but alas.

Anyways no pics, didn't happen lol.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Dellbert

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 08:59:32 PM »
I still have about 12 pounds of Goex left. Really like using it, but have 4 pounds of Pryodex on hand that I been using so it want go bad. I don't see anything wrong with Pryodex P or RS for rifle. I just happen to be in the right place when I came across the Goax bp and bought as much as I could that day. befour that it was all Pyrodex for me. I see that powder is on back order in a lot of places now, so if you come across any you might want to pick up a couple pounds of it.