Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: I finally made a deal on GunBroker  (Read 3515 times)

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
I finally made a deal on GunBroker
« on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:56 PM »
After years of trying I won an auction on GunBroker.  This time it was an accident.  My son in law said he wanted an inexpensive 22 revolver to carry in the ranch truck.  He had seen my son's Heritage Arms 22 and thought it would be just right for him to carry around.   I told I'd look for one here since he lives in Bumf**k Nebraska and doesn't get to town much.   No luck here so I looked on GunBroker and found a nice one with birdshead grips and a 22mag cylinder to go with it.  I wanted to see if anyone had autobid it up very high so I bid $150 figuring someone already had bid at least that.  At the time the bidding was at $120.  Immediatly someone came in at $140 and I thought my $150 would be out bid in no time.  4 days later I got the "Congratulations" email. 
Problem is...  my son in law doesn't want it now.  He wants one with standard grips. 
I bid on this one because the seller was just up the road about 40 miles and I could pick it up and avoid transfer fees and shipping.
I went to pick it up today.  Now that I've had it in my hands I'm glad my son in law doesn't want it.  It's a really nice little pistol for the money and looks nearly brand new.  Actually it looks better than the photos on GunBroker.

See for yourself;

Offline Electric Miner

• View Profile
Re: I finally made a deal on GunBroker
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:24:47 PM »
I own the same model, but without the extra grips and lock.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »
I have a standard model 22 LR only, well used, but purchased really cheap. I had to put in a hand and the trigger/bolt spring. Yours looks great, and I envy your purchase. Over the years I have won several auctions on GunBroker, lost a bunch too!

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:50 PM »
I've always given up pretty early on GunBroker.  I try to figure the FFL transfer fee and shipping into the price before I keep running the bids up.   Never been able to figure out how some guys can pay new price and pay the fees.

The one my son owns is great for the ranch,  not expensive so you don't mind when it slides off the seat and ends up on the floorboard.  Parts are chaep and easy to get if something goes wrong.  The 22 mag has come in handy when he has put an animal down.  Thankfully that is not very often.

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »
I think the extra grips are after market plastic ones.  I've never seen any like them before.   Probably will never be on the gun again.