Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Now I gone and dunnit...  (Read 3149 times)

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
Re: Now I gone and dunnit...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 07:54:20 PM »
them are some nice looking bullets.. good for you for rollin your own... I decided about 15 years ago that I would only shoot what I roll. i even sold my 243's and 22's... its addicting. now you just need about 40 more molds and you will be so set forever!!! soon, you can play with powder coating... :-*
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 12:28:44 PM »
them are some nice looking bullets.. good for you for rollin your own... I decided about 15 years ago that I would only shoot what I roll. i even sold my 243's and 22's... its addicting. now you just need about 40 more molds and you will be so set forever!!! soon, you can play with powder coating... :-*

I've been reloading since the mid-nineties and load for about 8 or nine calibers now, but this year is my first foray into loading black powder cartridges...and I'm sure it will be just as addicting as loading for smokeless! I've been trying to get several of my buddies started recently and it blows my mind that not only are components hard to come by, but reloading equipment as well! Who'da thunk it, Mark?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2021, 03:31:11 PM »
I don't know if you have a source for wheel weights (even they are getting scarce!) but I have mixed them with lead to make a slightly harder alloy. Actually for plinking loads have cast 45-70 (and others) from wheel weights alone. Nothin' wrong with pure lead either!