Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Interesting Walker D Company No. 1  (Read 1664 times)

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
Interesting Walker D Company No. 1
« on: November 19, 2020, 01:48:16 PM »
I have a habit of checking out the various new posts about once per week on the French site Repliques Old West. The folks there are always coming up with oddball posts/photos of various revolvers, mostly C&B type.

This one piqued my interest. Supposedly it is the Walker D Company No. 1 revolver, but converted to a carbine. I contacted the poster of the photo and asked for a link, hoping to see more photos of it but it is the only one of that revolver/carbine on the site. I have no idea when or by whom it was created.

This is the first time I have ever visited this site, so I have no idea how accurate the info is as I am not well-versed about Walker revolvers. Lots of photos of original/modified revolvers.

http://www.american-firearms.com/american-firearms/z-html/company-C/Colt/Colt-1847.html

Homepage:

http://www.american-firearms.com/

Regards,

Jim
We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Walker D Company No. 1
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »
Never seen anything like that in my life!
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Walker D Company No. 1
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »
I have an aversion to rifle stocked pistols. I think they look clunky and ungainly. I know they have their place in the history of these guns we love so much, but I just don't care for them.

This gun on the other hand, is just plain cool! It's like a cross between a Walker and an early Paterson rifle. I'd love to see it in person.

Great find Jim!!!
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln