Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: New member from West Michigan  (Read 1412 times)

Offline trooper joe

• View Profile
New member from West Michigan
« on: January 25, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »
Found this forum after joining the 1858 forum.  I am really getting into these single action cap and ball revolvers as well as the cartridge single action style (SAA).

Last weekend, I finally picked up a SAA style, New Frontier, 22, at a great price. I do have three 1911 Colts so I do have a love affair with the Colt name. 

Looking forward to all the information I will get on this forum about the SAA Colts and their clones.

Trooper Joe

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: New member from West Michigan
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 10:50:33 AM »
Welcome to the forum, TJ! Glad to have you on board. I have yet to find a Colt SA I don't like...
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Online mike116

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • LeathersmithMike.net
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »
Welcome to Colt Country.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 11:06:23 AM »
Welcome from Kommiefornia Trooper Joe!

You've found a great place to hang out. You're definitely among friends here, that also love the Colt revolver and it's clones.

Glad to have you aboard.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 11:17:47 AM »
Welcome from your neighbor just to the west! As you may have found, we LIKE pictures! In fact, the saying here goes "if there aren't any pictures, it never happened!"  L@J

Offline sourdough

• 1851 Navy Parts Changer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
Found this forum after joining the 1858 forum.  I am really getting into these single action cap and ball revolvers.
I do have three 1911 Colts so I do have a love affair with the Colt name. 
Trooper Joe
Welcome from the Left Coast of WA State!

I am also an afficianado of 1911 .45 pistols. I have owned several of them in various forms over the years (Star PD, Combat Commander, LW Commander, Para-Ord P-14, Combat Commander in .38 Super, and a Combat Commander 9mm). I sold all of them years ago and kept my SD/HD/CC 1911 .45: an AMT Covina Hardballer that I bought from a private security guard in the parking lot of a gun show in Anchorage Alaska in 1992 for $150 with both stainless mags. After money changed hands he told me that it was an unsafe gun, and indeed it was. Prelim checkout with the hammer cocked on an empty chamber with the thumb safety engaged, a pull of the trigger dropped the safety and the gun fired. After a couple of months of work, to include throating the barrel and replacement of the the thumb safety, sear, sear pin, hammer pin, firing pin stop, and hammer strut with carbon steel parts, it runs flawlessly with any ammo. I also added a Clip Draw to it so I can carry it on my property concealed without a holster.

Probably not a Colt fanciers weapon, but it is a tool to be used.

I also put together a 1911 .22 LR  in 2013 using a stripped 1911 frame and parts from Ciener, SARCO, Numrich, and Wolff. No, it ain't a Colt but it is still true to the JMB design that Colt bought.

Regards,

Jim

We have met the enemy, and they is us. Pogo