Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: need a LIKE button.  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
need a LIKE button.
« on: February 12, 2021, 06:18:26 AM »
Would like to see a Like button and or something to point you in the right direction to see that your post has been viewed or quoted. Often times I forget where I had posted a topic so I have to do a long scroll to find where I posted last just to see if anybody was interested or viewed my post.

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
Re: need a LIKE button.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 06:31:13 AM »
I LIKE this!!!!
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline AlaskanGuy

• Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 06:32:51 AM »
Dave, Kirk, Make it so.....

See, that was easy on my part.. you ask, I command, its simple on my part...  L@J
Any technology not understood, can seem like magic. Bible Believer..

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 07:25:19 AM »
Would like to see a Like button and or something to point you in the right direction to see that your post has been viewed or quoted. Often times I forget where I had posted a topic so I have to do a long scroll to find where I posted last just to see if anybody was interested or viewed my post.

Click on "New Replies to your Posts" right under your username. Takes you right there.
The software on the forum currently allows for "karma" (good/bad) which can be altered to say like/dislike, I suppose. But we had a poll a number of years back in which forum members were asked to vote on that, at one longtime member's request to remove it (he said it was too much like Facebook and a juvenile high school popularity contest). The forum members agreed so we ditched it. Besides, most members that view your thread either like it or don't but won't leave feedback either way. If you like, we can put it to a vote again? You guys tell me...it's your forum.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 07:34:34 AM »

Click on "New Replies to your Posts" right under your username. Takes you right there.
The software on the forum currently allows for "karma" (good/bad) which can be altered to say like/dislike, I suppose. But we had a poll a number of years back in which forum members were asked to vote on that, at one longtime member's request to remove it (he said it was too much like Facebook and a juvenile high school popularity contest). The forum members agreed so we ditched it. Besides, most members that view your thread either like it or don't but won't leave feedback either way. If you like, we can put it to a vote again? You guys tell me...it's your forum.
Thanks for pointing out to me how I can view the replies to my posts. That is easy.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 07:38:57 AM »
That's our job...to make things easier for you forum members! (7&

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 08:30:12 AM »
Furthermore, if you go into your profile (notifications) you can have the software email you any time someone replies to a post you have made or a topic you are subscribed to. Default setting is "off" but very simple to turn on. If you wish to use this option and need help with it shoot me a PM.

Offline Powder Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 09:20:28 AM »
Furthermore, if you go into your profile (notifications) you can have the software email you any time someone replies to a post you have made or a topic you are subscribed to. Default setting is "off" but very simple to turn on. If you wish to use this option and need help with it shoot me a PM.
Thanks. I think I got it now so I should get an email when their is a reply.

Offline AZ6Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2023, 11:37:39 AM »
+1 for the "Like" button.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2023, 02:43:10 AM »

None of that is visible on my page.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2023, 10:15:12 AM »
Upper left hand corner under your avatar pic?

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2023, 10:58:38 AM »
Like this.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2023, 07:07:20 PM »
Like this.

None of that is present on any page I visit.  Has not been for a very long time.  It is one of the reasons I stopped being a moderator and also have stopped coming here as much as I used to.

Kevin
Knowledge carried to the grave unshared, is wasted.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 04:02:06 AM »
Like this.

None of that is present on any page I visit.  Has not been for a very long time.  It is one of the reasons I stopped being a moderator and also have stopped coming here as much as I used to.

Kevin

I'll have Tom look into this issue ASAP, Kevin.

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 06:26:05 AM »
Like this.

Kevin
Have you tried logging on with a different browser?