Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Problem  (Read 6603 times)

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
Re: Problem
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »
Excellent news gents.
It appears that my Pietta 1860 Army is fixed.
I decided to take a good look at the rachet teeth of the cylinder. Although by sight I really couldn't see anything wrong. But by feel, the 2 chambers that had the issue felt rough on the edges and different than the others. So I just smoothed those teeth out a little. Tried cocking and one worked sometimes and the other still no good. So I went back at it and did just a tiny bit more. Tried cocking again.....All six chambers will now go to full cock. Aaah.
Tried it repeatedly. All working.
Thank you guys for all the encouragement and help.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2021, 05:57:19 PM »
Excellent news!!

Glad you got it fixed.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2021, 06:42:21 PM »
Great news, Doc! And once again, Mike is right.  :-[
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2021, 07:43:16 PM »
Indeed be was!
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Online Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2021, 09:00:12 PM »
Mike is always right. :-*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline 45 Dragoon

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2021, 05:18:00 AM »
No he ain't neither !!!!  Lol!!

First of all thanks guys!! But, I do this stuff every day  (and I mean every day!)  and after a couple hundred you start getting the hang of it!

I'm just glad Doc got it done!! Next time he will have the confidence to go further!!!

Good job Doc!!

Mike

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2021, 05:22:46 AM »
No he ain't neither !!!!  Lol!!

First of all thanks guys!! But, I do this stuff every day  (and I mean every day!)  and after a couple hundred you start getting the hang of it!

I'm just glad Doc got it done!! Next time he will have the confidence to go further!!!

Good job Doc!!

Mike

Thanks Mike.
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2021, 11:25:05 PM »
Nice going Mike. Glad to see your humble even in being proved correct. Good on ya Brother!

Havn't always seen eye to eye wit ya but do respect your work and willingness to help a feller out.

Doc, glad you got some bit of tinkerin in and a happy result. Bettin this issue will never bog you down again.

These "new" revolvers will have ruined tolerances just about in the last place ya'd expect. These-uns will make ya awfull fond of your guns after all the foolin with em. After "fixin" em they become more than just another acquisition. Now ya got blood, sweat n tears involved.
BIGTED

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2021, 03:10:45 AM »
Nice going Mike. Glad to see your humble even in being proved correct. Good on ya Brother!

Havn't always seen eye to eye wit ya but do respect your work and willingness to help a feller out.

Doc, glad you got some bit of tinkerin in and a happy result. Bettin this issue will never bog you down again.

These "new" revolvers will have ruined tolerances just about in the last place ya'd expect. These-uns will make ya awfull fond of your guns after all the foolin with em. After "fixin" em they become more than just another acquisition. Now ya got blood, sweat n tears involved.

You are correct in all accounts.
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »
Doc, I'm glad you resolved your issues, but......you shouldn't have to trouble shoot a new gun!