Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Took the new Navy to the range for the first time  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Suntiger

• View Profile
Took the new Navy to the range for the first time
« on: June 25, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
The new Uberti, along w my Piettas... the new gun is prettier, and  a little "tighter" for lack of a better word, but I shot the old ones a bit better. Perhaps that old 2014 Pietta grip works for me 🤔... but I am glad I have both for comparison purposes... for me , I think it's the difference between a Ford and a Lincoln...

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
Re: Took the new Navy to the range for the first time
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 01:45:25 PM »
The new Uberti, along w my Piettas... the new gun is prettier, and  a little "tighter" for lack of a better word, but I shot the old ones a bit better. Perhaps that old 2014 Pietta grip works for me 🤔... but I am glad I have both for comparison purposes... for me , I think it's the difference between a Ford and a Lincoln...
Any pix? (Yeah, I know it's hard to shoot guns and photos at the same time...)
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Suntiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »
Indeed ! I was by my lonesome... so no pics ... but at some point I'll figure out how to post pictures here! I do love the Navies.....btw the .375 balls seemed just fine in the Uberti and I put slixshot nipples on it and the Piettas .. no cap sucking issues experienced.. RWS caps were good as well!

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 04:05:32 PM »
Indeed ! I was by my lonesome... so no pics ... but at some point I'll figure out how to post pictures here! I do love the Navies.....btw the .375 balls seemed just fine in the Uberti and I put slixshot nipples on it and the Piettas .. no cap sucking issues experienced.. RWS caps were good as well!

All sounds good.
Full stream ahead!

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 07:54:42 PM »
Glad you had a good outing Suntiger! As Doc said, full steam ahead!!!  (@+

Nice to hear the 1075's work good. I've never used them before, and I just bought 750 of them.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Suntiger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 07:18:39 AM »
Did notice that the notch that is the rear sight on the Uberti is smaller than on the Pietta...I think that had something to do with the shooting .. adjusted as I went on...haven't decided if I'll tweek that..

Friday afternoon was a good time to ease out to the range, and I got it in before the late afternoon showers!

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 07:46:41 AM »
Did notice that the notch that is the rear sight on the Uberti is smaller than on the Pietta...I think that had something to do with the shooting .. adjusted as I went on...haven't decided if I'll tweek that..

Friday afternoon was a good time to ease out to the range, and I got it in before the late afternoon showers!

Glad you enjoyed. All good.  (7&
Carry on.
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.