Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: L&R Project  (Read 5190 times)

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
L&R Project
« on: June 20, 2021, 01:39:11 PM »
I've had a bunch of parts in the parts box for quite a while now, to put an L&R together. I was missing the barrel assembly and a few other things.

I got the frame from Outlawkid and it has his "Texas Tune" put on the action. It has a great trigger pull and light hammer. I have been wanting to put a gun together on it for about a year.

So I put the ad up in the For Sale section, looking for a barrel assembly. Fingers McGee very graciously sent me an unfinished barrel he had kicking around. So I was almost there.

Now all I needed was the loading lever, wedge and some various screws. So I made an order with VTI and got everything I needed. It arrived yesterday so I have spent my Father's Day putting the gun together.

The barrel locating pin holes needed opening up to fit the pins. So I did that today and the barrel now fits perfect. Since the barrel is unfinished, it still needs some cosmetic help then a blue job. I'll work on it this week and get it done. For now, it's a functioning pistol.

I know the frame has the 4th screw and cutouts on it, which isn't correct for an L&R. But I didn't want this frame to go to waste, and I didn't want just a run of the mill Navy. So I'll live with the inaccuracy of the frame.

I'm going to take it out next week and shoot it. I'm anxious to see how Sergio's action job does.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
Re: L&R Project
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 02:25:58 PM »
Great idea. Great project.
Looking good 👍.
Enjoy it.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 02:58:21 PM »
It looks good.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 07:45:32 PM »
I reckon you're gonna be happy with that one!  (7&
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Marshal Will

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 09:46:50 PM »
Looks great! That frame has some nice CCH on it. Congratulations on a fine job.