Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Need Schematic for Swivel Barrel single shot derringer  (Read 1318 times)

Offline A34

• View Profile
    • Dixie Restoration Parts
Need Schematic for Swivel Barrel single shot derringer
« on: June 24, 2021, 05:46:11 AM »
Hey Guys!
I recently picked this single shot cap and ball swivel barrel derringer up as a bag of parts. It is a cap n ball, not rimfire. I'm hoping someone can give me information on who might have made it, and a link to a schematic or the schematic or instructions, so I can see what parts I'm missing.

I don't know if it's a kit gun or who made it, but I think it might be a kit gun. The pics show alot of parts that aren't for the derringer. I'm not sure what's missing or how it all goes together, so would appreicate any help! Thanks!

Offline Doc Holiday

• Too many hobbies.
    • View Profile
Re: Need Schematic for Swivel Barrel single shot derringer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 06:26:33 AM »
Very interesting.
Best of luck sorting it out!
Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
― Thomas Jefferson
FREE MATT HOOVER.

Offline Len

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 07:07:09 AM »
Nice collection of spare parts. The screws seem to cover a wide spectrum.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:10:34 AM »
It looks like the derringer just needs the barrel and trigger installed, and it's a shooter. You have the parts there to do it. That piece sitting just below the bolt for a Colt is your trigger. It looks like it's just held in place with a pin. Probably one of those pins sitting there with the trigger.

The majority of the rest of that stuff is for Colt revolvers. I see most of the screws and a couple wedges there. Also a mainspring and a couple bolt/trigger springs. There's a hand and a bolt and a loading lever plunger. You have yourself a nice stash of spare parts!

Those 3 brass rods are loading plungers for the snub nosed guns I believe.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 10:08:43 AM »
It was made by Classic Arms and was most likely a kit. They sold all kinds of metal derringers as already built guns back in the 70's and 80's but now all they sell are kits. All the derringers you have posted were made by Classsic.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »
You can try Deer Creek, they have parts and diagrams. https://www.deercreekproducts.net/store/c16/_Classic_Arms_Ace_Pistol_Parts_ONLY.html
Go over to the side bar to find the schematic. I went through this a while back and Hawg bailed me out!