Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Did anyone here go to the Quigley Shoot in Forsyth Montana recently?  (Read 1272 times)

Offline tljack

• View Profile
We'd love to hear about your trip. If you have ever gone and even dreamed of attending in the future, chime in with your thoughts.
I Love the Smell of Burning Black in the Morning

Flinters are awesome!

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: Did anyone here go to the Quigley Shoot in Forsyth Montana recently?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 12:09:04 PM »
I have only dreamed of going out there....it's a 2 day trip for us. I subscribe to the BPCR magazine and they always have the statistics on those shoots. I had a friend (RIP Tony) that was big in the doings at Virginia City, along with his wife who was a great competitor.

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 12:52:20 PM »
I have only dreamed of going out there....it's a 2 day trip for us. I subscribe to the BPCR magazine and they always have the statistics on those shoots. I had a friend (RIP Tony) that was big in the doings at Virginia City, along with his wife who was a great competitor.

A couple of my friend from here went last week, I believe. have not gotten a report yet. I have a Shilo Montana Mountain rifle in 40-65 and a Pedersoli 45-70 that I could use and it is only a few hours away from me. My problem with competition is I am a poor sport. Ha!

Flinters are awesome!

Offline Retreever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 04:22:22 AM »
It's on my retirement bucket list ever since I started shooting BPCR's about  3years ago.

I have an original 1874 Springfield Trapdoor, a Uberti 1885 Highwall, a 1874 Pedersoli Sharps and 1873 Navy Arms Rolling Block all chambered in 45-70. I also have an 1881 Remington Rolling Block (Spanish) originally chambered in .43 Spanish but since re-barreled to 45-70 and a 1910 Remington Rolling Block action and a 38-55 Green Mountain barrel from which I hope to build a new rifle next winter.

I am on the East Coast of Canada (New Brunswick) so the Quigley shoot is a long haul for me would be at least a 2 week trip but a couple of local guys I shoot with have been multiple times and say it is a fantastic experience.

I did hear second hand that the temps for the final day of shoot got to be in the low 100's this year.

Retreever

Offline tljack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
I

I did hear second hand that the temps for the final day of shoot got to be in the low 100's this year.

Retreever

It did get hot. Very unusual for this part of the world no less this time of year. This year the shoot was Father's Day week end. I did not go but understand a good turn out. As everyone knows the shoot last year was canceled do to the plague.

Flinters are awesome!