Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: I purchased a new toy.  (Read 8270 times)

Offline OldFrenchy

• View Profile
Re: I purchased a new toy.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 12:22:02 PM »
I have a Benjamin Marauder, bought it from "DD4life" a few years ago.  He sold it with the high pressure hand pump and a scope. It is also in 22 caliber. The pump has only been used ONCE to pump up the rifle! I am also old and have an arthritic back. I need to have a younger friend come out to pump the rifle up again.
Hey Kid-
My buddy has the same setup as you and only uses the pump. I'm  somewhat older and feel like you do. I purchased a high pressure tank, and it makes refilling a breeze. No stinkin' pumps for this old goat! :old_man:

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »
I thought (briefly) about buying a scuba tank, but that would cost as much or more as the rifle. How many rifle fills do you get from a tank? We do have a scuba shop near Madison.

Offline OldFrenchy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:46 PM »
I thought (briefly) about buying a scuba tank, but that would cost as much or more as the rifle. How many rifle fills do you get from a tank? We do have a scuba shop near Madison.
I think I get over 30 at least. I dont think my tank is 80cu/ft, I'll have to look.
The calculator says 50+. I spend $10 to fill my tank to 4500psi at my local dive shop.
Here is an airgun fill calculator to figure it out.

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 02:44:19 PM »
This is the hand pump that Benjamin sells.

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »

I'd probably give out before I made two pumps.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline OldFrenchy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 09:22:40 PM »
The Benjamin pump is not cheap, either. I am glad that I invested in an air tank. It is 65cuft in size, about 2/3red the size of a regular scuba tank, and being made of carbon fiber it is light and transportable, and I can fill my air rifles in 20 seconds.
Unfortunately, having the air tank made my decision to buy the .22 auto that much easier and allows me to run through pellets like water. But great fun! No regrets!

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2021, 06:39:40 AM »
When DD4 offered the PPC rifle, I wasn't sure at first, but the rifle came with a scope , hand pump and some pellets. The only bad thing about the transaction was that it took nearly 3 weeks to come from Wyoming to Wisconsin. It took 3 days to leave southern Wyoming, then went to Colorado, S. Dakota,  Minnesota, Iowa, etc.  I couldn't believe the delivery route,  and my address was correct.  It is an inexpensive alternative to shooting live ammo!

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2021, 09:41:58 AM »
I would like to get a pellet rifle. Something like an old school Benjamin but everything comes with plastic stocks these days. I'll leave the marauders and the like to the big boys.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
I would like to get a pellet rifle. Something like an old school Benjamin but everything comes with plastic stocks these days. I'll leave the marauders and the like to the big boys. wallets  :lol-029:
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »
I would like to get a pellet rifle. Something like an old school Benjamin but everything comes with plastic stocks these days. I'll leave the marauders and the like to the big boys. wallets  :lol-029:

True dat but I was trying to be polite.  (7+"

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »

It's no use, Hawg. We all know you here. L@.
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 10:16:47 AM »
I would like to get a pellet rifle. Something like an old school Benjamin but everything comes with plastic stocks these days. I'll leave the marauders and the like to the big boys.

Hawg, That Chinese made pump pellet my father in law gave has a solid composite stock. That ol Benjamin I saw in my youth was a beautiful stock I'm sure you had that gun so you know.  ;)

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2021, 10:46:28 AM »

Yeah well, what can I say.  :happy0008:

Hawg, That Chinese made pump pellet my father in law gave has a solid composite stock. That ol Benjamin I saw in my youth was a beautiful stock I'm sure you had that gun so you know.  ;)

Composite/plastic, all the same to me. I didn't have a Benjamin but a buddy did. Another one I'd like to have is a Daisy 94 with a wood stock. It was just a BB gun but another buddy had one of those. I had a Daisy pump BB gun when he had that one. It was a lot better looking and better built than the Daisy pumps now but I never did like it.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 10:48:56 AM »

Yeah well, what can I say.  :happy0008:

Composite/plastic, all the same to me. I didn't have a Benjamin but a buddy did. Another one I'd like to have is a Daisy 94 with a wood stock. It was just a BB gun but another buddy had one of those. I had a Daisy pump BB gun when he had that one. It was a lot better looking and better built than the Daisy pumps now but I never did like it.
   So Crossman and Benjamin are not the same company. Sorr, I led a sheltered life (7+" (7+"

Offline Hawg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 10:56:46 AM »
No, they're not the same. Benjamin was top of the line back in the day.