Banner image by Mike116

Banner image by Mike116

Author Topic: Tumbleweed  (Read 2833 times)

Offline bigted

• when all is said ... more will be said then done.
    • View Profile
Tumbleweed
« on: August 15, 2021, 09:33:31 PM »
Tumbleweed's tumbling by. Slow! Everybody must be doing life ... allow me to say that this pastime is dangerous to your health.

MORE SHOOTING!!! Less life. Yep that is from a newly retired oldster.

(7&  )l_  L@J
BIGTED

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
Re: Tumbleweed
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 08:05:17 AM »
Yep, it has been a while since I exercised my thumb and trigger finger. And I have to haul ALL that stuff up from the basement. Just thinking about it makes me tired. Maybe after a nap? *6'

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
  • Black Powder Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 08:30:21 AM »
I'm willing but there's nowhere convenient to go! They've closed all public land to shooting again, because of the fire danger. The closest outdoor range to me is a little over an hour drive one way. And it's $20 a person for 3 hours of range time. So taking the family will cost me $80. Sucks to live in Kommiefornia.
"Never trust an actor with a gun."
-Abe Lincoln

Offline mazo kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 11:05:20 AM »
Quick! Before you break off and sink into the ocean, move to Wi. I can shoot in my own yard, and if I want a more structured range, there is one 45 minutes away. It is actually part of a State park, but a long way away from the camp ground. It is free to use (donations accepted), except Tuesdays which are for LEO use. A few years ago, an Eagle Scout took this on as his project. It now has covered firing lines, concrete pads, target frames, and shooting benches. There used to be spent brass on the ground, but I haven't been there in 2 years; people are supposed to pick up after shooting. There are brass buckets at the benches. One other benefit is the adjacent dumpster that has (sometimes) lots of empty cartridge boxes with inserts.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 11:20:09 AM »
Sounds like a dream to me Em!
-Abe Lincoln

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
Yep lived in Wyoming for a spell, S9outh Dakota toho for a spell. It IS all its cracked up to be.

If it were not for the winters I'd have retired there.  I do have a good place here in the communist state of western Oregon.

Been needing to get some smoke in my nostrils but not sure I want to exhaust my small supply of # 11 caps.

Did get the kit from 22 reloaders tho and have been experimenting with them. Gonna have to try using lacoure in mineral spirits to hold the powder in the cap.

I get these aluminum caps to be reliable  ... my life will smooth out some. Then my next move will finally be some home brew black powder.

Man retirement is a hoot. Finally have time to pursue my WANNA things rater then the GOTTA things.

Good shootin fella's
BIGTED

Offline Captainkirk

• Administrator Extraordinaire and Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Administrator
  • "Never said I didn't know how to use it" M.Quigley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 07:42:37 PM »
Good to see you around, Big Ted. Have you been getting the newsletters to your email?
"You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?"

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 05:13:33 AM »
Yep lived in Wyoming for a spell, S9outh Dakota toho for a spell. It IS all its cracked up to be.

If it were not for the winters I'd have retired there.  I do have a good place here in the communist state of western Oregon.

Been needing to get some smoke in my nostrils but not sure I want to exhaust my small supply of # 11 caps.

Did get the kit from 22 reloaders tho and have been experimenting with them. Gonna have to try using lacoure in mineral spirits to hold the powder in the cap.

I get these aluminum caps to be reliable  ... my life will smooth out some. Then my next move will finally be some home brew black powder.

Man retirement is a hoot. Finally have time to pursue my WANNA things rater then the GOTTA things.

Good shootin fella's

Big Ted,
    Hi. I'm Tim. Relatively new here. Thanks for sharing the good news regarding retirement. Encouraging to know. If I live, I hope to retire in about 6 years. When I do, I hope to enjoy retirement as it  sounds like you are. I would love to travel to the great northwest and enjoy the scenery and just dream. Thanks again,
Tim

Offline bigted

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 06:31:43 AM »
Yes Cap I have been receiving the newsletters.  They are the only reason I went around the warning and then I can only get here with my phone. Thankyou for the letters and I hope this all clears up soon as I may go blind squinting at this small screen  (7&  :-*  :'(

Hey Tim, welcome and thanks for the words. I also got thinkin I was just not gonna make it to retirement  as well.  I gotta say hang in there Brother.  Time will slip by and then you'll be retired and feeling guilty 😔  for having so much fun like I do time to time. Not ready to be a Wall Mart greeter yet tho  f(*&
BIGTED

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2021, 06:52:36 AM »
Yes Cap I have been receiving the newsletters.  They are the only reason I went around the warning and then I can only get here with my phone. Thankyou for the letters and I hope this all clears up soon as I may go blind squinting at this small screen  (7&  :-*  :'(

Hey Tim, welcome and thanks for the words. I also got thinkin I was just not gonna make it to retirement  as well.  I gotta say hang in there Brother.  Time will slip by and then you'll be retired and feeling guilty 😔  for having so much fun like I do time to time. Not ready to be a Wall Mart greeter yet tho  f(*&
BIGTED,
 Good morning. Wow. You are an early riser!! Thank you for the kind words. Yes, the idea of being a Walmart factotem does not appeal to me either. Besides, The concrete floors are too dang hard and bad on the back. *6' I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL GUILTY. The wife, however, may have different ideas?  :'(  I may have to use the backdoor or exit stage left even.  (7+"   (7&  f(*&

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2021, 01:37:30 PM »
I may have to use the backdoor or exit stage left even.  (7+"   (7&  f(*&

Been awhile since I heard that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:02:29 AM by Elkman »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline Zulch

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »

Glad you caught that one Hawg  *6' *6' *6'

Offline Hawg

• Now you went and done it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2021, 03:27:11 PM »

Glad you caught that one Hawg  *6' *6' *6'

Snagglepuss was one of my favorites when I was  kid.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and tasteth good with ketchup.

Offline ShotgunDave

• Gun Geezer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 09:58:18 PM »
I loved Snagglepuss!

"Heavens to Mergatroid!"
-Abe Lincoln

Offline Zulch